Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shopping help! PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 32 Replies
I have been watching makeup tutorials by a Mac Pro artist named jackynhill1 on YouTube. Because if her ( not really) I've spent over $375 on Mac makeup since Thursday! Yikes!! Do tutorials influence you? I watch them and feel like I can do that or I need to be doing that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Katie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM
That was quite the haul, pic pics!
Tutorials don't influence me, but I love makeup so...yea its trouble if I'm near a sephora
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pinkmani
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Yes, tutorials interest me. $375 is a lot, but just make sure you use it!!! You will be able to do those wonderful make-up tricks with practice. 

Nursesummer
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Here's my haul. This was all bought in the past 7 days.
Nursesummer
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Pic posted!

Quoting Apr1l:

That was quite the haul, pic pics!

Tutorials don't influence me, but I love makeup so...yea its trouble if I'm near a sephora
Zadidoll
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Oh wow. No, I don't let tutorials influence me because there are dupes for everything. I would suggest returning the things you bought because most of it you'll never use up.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I tend to find similar stuff they use but in drugstore form. I think my husband would have a heart attack if I spend that much on make up. Bit I do have a few splurge items bc of reviews blogs and YouTube
Nursesummer
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM
And this doesn't include $50 dollars of sigma brushes and 65 more dollars of Mac stuff I ordered online.

Quoting Nursesummer:

Here's my haul. This was all bought in the past 7 days.
Nursesummer
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I don't have a hubby. My so spends major bucks on his golf stuff so he hasn't said a word. Yet. Lol. I believe I'm done buying makeup for a while. But sephora is next door to my work, so we'll see lol.

Quoting KelliansMom:

I tend to find similar stuff they use but in drugstore form. I think my husband would have a heart attack if I spend that much on make up. Bit I do have a few splurge items bc of reviews blogs and YouTube
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
He won't stop me from shopping but he will have a heart attack lol. I do have a bit of an addiction to make up. But some higher end stuff I just can't bring myself to pay the price for

Quoting Nursesummer:

I don't have a hubby. My so spends major bucks on his golf stuff so he hasn't said a word. Yet. Lol. I believe I'm done buying makeup for a while. But sephora is next door to my work, so we'll see lol.

Quoting KelliansMom:

Nursesummer
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I haven't ever spent this much at one time. I'm not a makeup snob, I just have always bought department store makeup. Except for mascara. I usually use LancĂ´me. My mom always bought department store, so I wouldn't have a clue as to color match with drug store.

Quoting KelliansMom:

He won't stop me from shopping but he will have a heart attack lol. I do have a bit of an addiction to make up. But some higher end stuff I just can't bring myself to pay the price for

Quoting Nursesummer:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)