Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ewww !Smelly

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:36 AM
  • 12 Replies
ok so this is very embarrassing but my scalp smells after about 24 hours of my last shower until i wash it again. I don't know what to do help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemascara
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:20 AM

it's possible there is a skin issue that a DR needs to look at.  That's where I would start.

jenniferlee_12
by Jenn on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I was also thinking this.

Quoting littlemascara:

it's possible there is a skin issue that a DR needs to look at.  That's where I would start.

Apr1l
by Katie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM

what does it smell like? 

yareli_maddy
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
lol well like sweat/ dirty
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Perhaps you need a antifungal shampoo such a nizoral? Or do you scrub your scalp well and use a clarifying well? If you cant see a doctor right away that may be worth trying.

alibrezzy154
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:00 AM

if it's just sweat it's probably oil or hair product build up. I'd pick up a clarifying shampoo and a dry shampoo. 

if that doesn't work I agree with pp's go to a doctor or dermatologist. 

Apr1l
by Katie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:15 AM
U could do an apple cider vinegar scalp cleanse, google it, it leaves hair shiny too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yareli_maddy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Is there any claryfying shampoo in particular you would recommend thats not too expensive?
wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yep, DS has sooooooooooooo much hair we have to have it thinned, he has the same problem in the summer months. Use the Nizoral  or a good clarifying shampoo should help.

Quoting blondiemomof2:

Perhaps you need a antifungal shampoo such a nizoral? Or do you scrub your scalp well and use a clarifying well? If you cant see a doctor right away that may be worth trying.

yareli_maddy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Well I have a lot of hair and it thick also it long. I feel like cutting it might help resolve the problem faster. Also this is new my hair started going crazy after i had my daughter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)