Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

You get what you..

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 15 Replies
pay for?? Do you believe that? Are their certain situations that the quote doesn't apply?
I believe it applies a times. Price does not always dictate quality..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsMimna
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM

For the most part yes.....I think if you want good quality clothes that will last, then you pay a little more for them. Like a good coat that will last for a few years you will pay more for than just one that is "in or hot" at the time. The same goes for good jeans that fit....if they fit me right, and they don't shrink...then I will pay a good penny for them !! But if I'm just going with the style of the minute, then I can go to a cheaper store with really cute things and make it work too. :))

DOMTITI
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with certain items. Some things you just can't go cheap, jeans being one of them.

Quoting MsMimna:

For the most part yes.....I think if you want good quality clothes that will last, then you pay a little more for them. Like a good coat that will last for a few years you will pay more for than just one that is "in or hot" at the time. The same goes for good jeans that fit....if they fit me right, and they don't shrink...then I will pay a good penny for them !! But if I'm just going with the style of the minute, then I can go to a cheaper store with really cute things and make it work too. :))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Katie on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Sometimes, there's always exceptions ie Hondas are an affordable car brand but the quality is terrific, thrift shops are dirt cheap but they have a lot of great stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM
At times this is true but not always.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy619
by Christy on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I personally see this with some shoes. I am on my feet walking a lot at work. My more expensive flats dont give me any issues, but my less expensive flats do. Same with running shoes..more expensive is like running on pillows, less expensive~ouch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Quoting my4boys2002:

At times this is true but not always.

BeachLifeMama
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM

This

Quoting Apr1l:

Sometimes, there's always exceptions ie Hondas are an affordable car brand but the quality is terrific, thrift shops are dirt cheap but they have a lot of great stuff.

littlemascara
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:42 PM

it just depends.  some items, yeah... not worth the price. 

littlemascara
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:43 PM

and then some items are cheap in a lot of ways and still not worth it

0Glitter0
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM

food i have found is better with higher priced brands but clothes i have found older ones are made better, i dont like to waste, if the price is better and i know we will use it or eat it i dont waste getting things that are unusable to us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)