Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

if you're a thrift shopper

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • 13 Replies

what's your best find ever... could be clothes, handbags, furniture, kitchen ware, books.... anything. What makes it such a good find for you?

Do you go thrift shopping often? Do you ever find yourself buying stuff you maybe would not buy just because it's only a few dollars? Like I knew someone who would come out several times a week with LOADS of stuff, like 8 different handbags, 10 pairs of boots/shoes... just cheap ones for a few bucks, but it was getting into Imelda Marcos territory!

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
0Glitter0
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM

i love Ralph Lauren Clothing, over the years i bought alot of nice things from Thrifting but my prize collections are  my Designer Scarves and my paintings that i am having appraised soon. I know a few i have are authentic Norman Rockwell ( 1921) , and others that need to be looked at. So i would say the artwork is my favorites all 10 bought for about 2 or 3 dollars all together

Although i do love designer clothes too but it is only what catches my eye i buy no matter what the labels . I can make a woman look stunning in cheaper priced clothing, it is what i do and have for many years. It is who i am
zboys
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't been thrift shopping in a couple years.  I used to go monthly when I was at the hight of it.  I've gotten some great finds there for pants for myself.  I've found a couple items for the kitchen, one being a plant pot that I really love.

DOMTITI
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

A TOD'S bag, a FENDI MAKEUP BAG AND KATE SPADE BAG. All in excellent condition. I was dropping some items off at a consignment shop(they only sale high end items) and scored those. I have found all kinds of goodies, some with tags, at the place I consign. 

my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM
3 moms liked this
My best was Tory Burch shoes for like 4.00 look brand new. I , love thrifting these days. I find high end stuff dirt cheap. Got over 1,000 in retail today for 23.00
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this

A super nice vanity

0Glitter0
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM

i just bought a pair of sandals with price tags still on for 2 bucks! made by Bamboo, even new they arent over 20 some dollars i don't think, also very comfy , i posted their site below for you guys to look at

0Glitter0
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Bamboo
MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I am a thrift shopper but I really can't pinpoint my best find EVER. I LOVE finding gently used high end stuff for a couple dollars.
Apr1l
by Katie on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I go thrifting all the time, but I don't think I've ever found anything designer (I'm not looking for that anyway)  I like unique things so best find this awesome leather bag with great hardware for 50 cents.

MsMimna
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I went to a 2nd hand store here and found 2 pair of True Religion Jeans.....I got them for $16 each....they looked brand new!!! I went home and looked them up.....they were still being sold at Saks for $394 a pair !!!!! I live in a college town, figured some little rich girl got tired of them....lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)