Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confessions... I Did It!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

wow...can't believe it's been a month since I've visited cafemom!  Too busy with school, family and wedding planning...oh, wait...haven't touched the wedding planning part yet- and it's only two months away!  anyway, I have a few confessions here...a month ago I was in search of the perfect make-up and perfect hair for my wedding (does that count as wedding planning???)  I took some wonderful suggestions from the cafemom "advisers", SPLURGED, and this is what I learned...

-Smashbox cream-gel eyeliner, paired with the correct eyeliner brush:  worth it's weight in gold!!!  splurge on that one!

-Make-up for Ever:  love the liquid foundations and the finishing powder- but for me, that's where it ends- no mascara, no multi-tasking powder foundation...didn't work for me. 

Hair Care- I'm a WEN girl for life!  Love that stuff!  I'll never use anything else as far a shampoo.  And for the perfect, silky smooth, frizz-free hair- IT'S A 10 Miracle leave-in, Osis smoothing serum and cream and a dab of pomade to set it for the day.

My recommendation- if you can splurge on a couple (or even one) of these things- go for it!  I did, and a month later- still no regrets! 

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
littlemascara
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

congrats on your upcoming wedding!

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Quoting littlemascara:

congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Im glad you found some stuff that works for you!

Christy619
by Christy on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I have always wondered about WEN. Is it pretty pricey?

PipSqueek1582
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM

It is a little spendy- but for me- it's worth it becasue I now use a lot less "after shower" hair care products. Much less on the styling produts.  It's about $30 for a month's worth but sometimes you can find it for less on Amazon.  Plus...I LOVE what it does for my hair- zero frizz, makes my color last longer and smells great!

Quoting Christy619:

I have always wondered about WEN. Is it pretty pricey?

mstrendygirl
by Irene on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM

congrats

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)