Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Cute Shoes , Not so Cute Blisters

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you have any prevention tips to share?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joyfullem
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I hate when that happens.  Always make sure that when they walk the shoes do not slip at all!  Wear socks when they can. 

QuirkyMom26
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM

You can buy a blister balm for your feet to rub on before you put your shoes on it's suppose to protect your feet and they also make shoe pads to put inside your shoes to prevent your feet from slipping all around while wearing them.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Always check the back of your shoe for tightness, slipping or pinching. Both the friction from movement and an improper fit cause back blisters. You should be able to tell within a few steps if you are going to have issues. Do not get a shoe where the back seems too high and stiff.

Apr1l
by Katie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Idk I just wear socks or tough it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
0Glitter0
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM

seems like i get blisters alot on my heels and they hurt, i walked around all day Sat with a friend shopping and my heels were bad :( i have such a hard time finding the right shoes to fit me, i have wide feet and it seems i am stuck in between sizes 8-81/2

MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM
quality shoes
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Do you buy wide width shoes?

Quoting 0Glitter0:

seems like i get blisters alot on my heels and they hurt, i walked around all day Sat with a friend shopping and my heels were bad :( i have such a hard time finding the right shoes to fit me, i have wide feet and it seems i am stuck in between sizes 8-81/2

sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I use foot petals. My grandmother told me to rub wax from a candle on the back , heel part to prevent blisters there. (Never tried it) 

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I either have heel grips in my shoes or rub some runners balm (helps prevent chaffing in other areas) on my heels before wearing certian shoe. or wear bandaids 

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM

The answer to every shoe/ foot problem =P

To a degree anyway....some shoes are just meant for short periods of walking, and a whole lot of showing-offing.

Quoting MommeisQueen:

quality shoes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)