Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Mary Kay Mom

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am currently 7 months & 2 weeks pregnant, expecting my 2nd baby girl! Excited!!! Along with the excitement is lots of worry and concern because as we all know along with a new baby comes much more needed money! I recently became a part of Mary Kay....and enjoying it...its something positive and uplifting, and the bonus is earning a extra income. As a woman I enjoy learning and using anything that consist of Health & Beauty!

Curious, are any of you ladies apart of anything that allows you to make an extra income..I would love to know as the more the better! Also if anyone would like to know more about Mary Kay and its benefits and or simply on how you as a Mom can pamper yourself feel free to contact me. Lets talk ladies!

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lorissa11
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Love Mary Kay

blessed2bmom02
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM

So do I...Glad to be apart of MK. Great skin care products. Pregnancy can change your body, so its been a great bonus learning and using the products. 

Zadidoll
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't use Mary Kay. To me it's consistently been over the decades products that typically are chalky, not pigmented and doesn't last long. Some of the bath products are okay though but over all I rather stick with prestige and indy brands with some drugstore brands.

blessed2bmom02
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I was originally introduced to MK some years ago and have
Never had any issues with them. It's not until recently did I finally decide
To be apart of MK and so far so good. It's been really uplifting to be around
Such positive, influential woman. Mary Kay literally rewards you for every
Thing you do. You are always recognized! It's also been amazing getting to use more
Of the products. My favorite Is the lip glosses and the satin hands lotions.
To bad you don't fancy MK, the brand seems to have such a variety, to me there's
So much like.
Jazzdoll
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm an Avon Rep.  I found that I was really impressed with their Anew Clinical skincare line and after using so many more expensive products, but seeing the best results with Avon on both age spots and fine lines (I'm 45), I had to become a rep.  It's great because when customers see my skin and find out how old I am, it sells itself.  :-)

KarensFaith
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Hmm...must check into this. I am 49. I don't have a lot of wrinkles yet, but am noticing age spots. If you sell Avon, do you have to go door to door? Or can you do it online? There is actually a shop down the road from here a lady owns and it's called Avon. I didn't even know you could do that. I am disabled somewhat and getting out and about is hard on some days. And I don't know a lot of people around here, but I have thought of selling Avon for a little extra money, if I could do it online. 

Quoting Jazzdoll:

I'm an Avon Rep.  I found that I was really impressed with their Anew Clinical skincare line and after using so many more expensive products, but seeing the best results with Avon on both age spots and fine lines (I'm 45), I had to become a rep.  It's great because when customers see my skin and find out how old I am, it sells itself.  :-)

blessed2bmom02
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Your right Jazzdoll, when ppl see me wearing my Mary Kay products it
Does sell itself. I have thought about selling Avon, the only reason I chose not too is
Because it wound be harder since anyone can buy Avon
In stores these days. It's why I chose Mary Kay, MK just has its own
Identity. They also provide you with your own website, you can also have a
Business kit, which includes business cards and other fancy
Ways of selling your business.
jenniferlee_12
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I used to do Mary Kay years ago.

blessed2bmom02
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
How did it work for you Jen?
MamaSun08
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Seacret Agent here!  No need to go into details...most know of us via the kiosks in the malls.  Fantabulous skin care that sells itself within seconds/minutes :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN