Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Box Coloring

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 12 Replies
I've been thinking about a little change! I don't want to go to a salon for hours and spend tons of money, but I think I want to go a little lighter. I was wondering what the best box color was. Anyone have any favorites or tips? Also favorite shampoos and conditioners for colored hair? My natural color is medium/dark brown. When I was younger I use to dye my hair blonde (which my husband really liked). I was thinking of just a lot of highlights but I don't know if I could highlight myself at home! Any tips and ideas would help! Thanks :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM
You can, but it's not easy (in my experience). I do know that there is one brand (Nutrisse, I think) that makes lighter colors specifically for those who start with darker hair.
SassyLeigh
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Thank you, I'll ck it out!

Quoting amonkeymom:

You can, but it's not easy (in my experience). I do know that there is one brand (Nutrisse, I think) that makes lighter colors specifically for those who start with darker hair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Christy619
by Christy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I'm not sure but here is a bump!

littlemascara
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are not familiar with doing home color, I think it's best to go to a salon. 

I do home color and buy all my supplies at Sally's and use ION products.  You could go there, and looking at your color they can direct you to the right products.  Good luck!!

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM

gariner nurtisse is awesome. i have been using this brand for years.

redbutterfly666
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM

yeah garnier nutriesse makes colors for dark hair to make them lighter :) i have mousey dirty blond hair naturally

this color is my natural color(with flash)

and this is the color i got the first time i colored it :)

SassyLeigh
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Love your hair! Thanks I'll have to try it!

Quoting redbutterfly666:

yeah garnier nutriesse makes colors for dark hair to make them lighter :) i have mousey dirty blond hair naturally

this color is my natural color(with flash)

and this is the color i got the first time i colored it :)

SassyLeigh
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Thanks I'll check it out!

Quoting LoriAnn87:

SassyLeigh
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I've never been there, but I'll have to check them out too! I'm just tired of going and spending so much time and money when I hear of people doing it at home for cheaper and less time.

Quoting littlemascara:

If you are not familiar with doing home color, I think it's best to go to a salon. 

I do home color and buy all my supplies at Sally's and use ION products.  You could go there, and looking at your color they can direct you to the right products.  Good luck!!

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Thanks I'll check it out!

Quoting LoriAnn87:

your welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)