Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Tips on dry scalp?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 26 Replies

I've always have a problem with dry scalp but this winter has gotten worse. I've tried switching shampoo & conditioner brands, washing my hair with cold water, rinse with vinegar and apple cider vinegar, and nothing works so far. I have dark hair and it's embarrassing that you can easily see the flakes. Any advice? Thanks.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I haven't tried it yet, but someone told me that the Head & Shoulders Green Apple 2 in1 shampoo/conditioner combo is good.  I'm going to pick some up soon.

jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Nothing works for me :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy619
by Christy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Hot oil treatments? You can use olive oil, almond oil...

littlemascara
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Have you tried Tea Tree oil?  It clears up dandruff and stops itching.  I think Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo/conditioner are awesome, and easily found.  DH always uses them for dandruff and I have an immune disorder that can make me insanely itchy, and oh man that stuff works on itch!! 

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Are you massaging the conditioner into your scalp?

HisUsmcWifey
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Coconut oil. It's amazing for your skin, hair, and nails. Make sure you buy refined, organic coconut oil though. I buy two large tubs on amazon for $15 shipped. I use it in cooking, my hair, oil pulling, as lotion, you name it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Katie on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Why do u recommend refined?

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

Coconut oil. It's amazing for your skin, hair, and nails. Make sure you buy refined, organic coconut oil though. I buy two large tubs on amazon for $15 shipped. I use it in cooking, my hair, oil pulling, as lotion, you name it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I would use coconut oil. I personally use an organic coconut oil since it doesn't undergo the process like a lot of coconut oils tend to. I would also try Tea Tree Oil to help.  

BeachLifeMama
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I normally use Head & Shoulders & my scalp is not reallydry. But a co-worker suggested switching shampoo often works for her. So I switched and made it worse. Going back to Head & Shoulder til I find something works.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

I haven't tried it yet, but someone told me that the Head & Shoulders Green Apple 2 in1 shampoo/conditioner combo is good.  I'm going to pick some up soon.

BeachLifeMama
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM

What have you try?

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Nothing works for me :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN