braI knew it! French scientists have spent 15 YEARS researching bras only to find out what I could have told them in 30 seconds: bras deserve to be burned.

Not only do they not help ease back pain (um, duh), but the study reveals that bras might actually contribute to sagging. Of course, this doesn't mean I'll stop wearing my bra any time soon.

According to the researchers, bras are nothing more than a "false necessity" -- but I'm not so sure about that.

I've written before about my love-hate relationship with bras. I love them, and I'm happy they exist, and they are often beautiful and make me feel sexier ... but I also find them torturous. But without these instruments of torture, where would my boobs be? Quite a bit lower than I'd like, that's where!

"Medically, physiologically, anatomically – breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity," quoth the researcher, who spent 15 presumably blissful years measuring breasts (and the changes in their orientation) with the help of a slide rule and caliper. "On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra."

Well, that may be the case, but they LOOK less saggy WITH a bra, so that's all I need to know.

Would you consider going braless in the interest of stopping sag?