Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Gel polish ?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
Can you use a regular polish under a gel uv polish topcoat???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I think people have done it but I dont think the results are quite what they wanted. 

pixiemg1
by Amy on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I have read that you can but make sure that your regular polish is 100% dry before you put the top coat on and cure it.  I have heard that the polish will wrinkle.  I have also read that you will need to use the gel base coat too. 

eChard
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I will try this and report back :)

Quoting pixiemg1:

I have read that you can but make sure that your regular polish is 100% dry before you put the top coat on and cure it.  I have heard that the polish will wrinkle.  I have also read that you will need to use the gel base coat too. 

Apr1l
by Katie on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM
hmm idk
mstrendygirl
by Irene on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM

i heard you can

littlemascara
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Quoting pixiemg1:

this, but also the gel products are formulated to work together so I think you get best results by using all the proper products.

eChard
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I do have some but the color selection is limited. I have some favorite OPI colors that I can't give up.

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting pixiemg1:

this, but also the gel products are formulated to work together so I think you get best results by using all the proper products.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)