Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

nail obsessed moms, i need help!!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 13 Replies
Ok, so long story short...
I normally do my own nails. I'm not the bestat it... Compared to the pros I'm horrible. But I love doing it and I get occational compliments. Anyways. I decided what the hell why not go to school for it. It's pretty quick. So I started watching videos on how to do acrylic nails never did those before. And I'm getting the hang of that part. But here's my real problem.... I'm on Pintrest all the time pinning nail designs I wanna try. And I have no artistic ability that I know of and everything I try turns to crap ! Lol. Is there any tips for me to make this wotk?!?! PLEASE
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemascara
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I know the people who co really elaborate acrylics are usually pros, and have lots of experience.  I know Sally's has a lot of the stuff liek different color powders, little flowers, etc... have you started school or just thnking about it? One idea is get the little hand model that you can practice on... but I think even very good artists have trouble with their own hands.  Good tools are essential. 

jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Keep practicing is all I can say.
eChard
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Practice makes perfect. Enlist some friends as guinea pigs :)
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM

The best advice I could offer is to get quality tools and practice.

young_mommy_2
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I've already started the process. I put in my app with the $100 fee but classes don't start for a coupme months so I'm trying to work at it before I get in there with people that are super good. Lol. And I have a hand and an amazing husband that let's me practice on him. Haha. But I look at these pictures and I can't figure out if they were do.e by hand or what because they loom that amazing

Quoting littlemascara:

I know the people who co really elaborate acrylics are usually pros, and have lots of experience.  I know Sally's has a lot of the stuff liek different color powders, little flowers, etc... have you started school or just thnking about it? One idea is get the little hand model that you can practice on... but I think even very good artists have trouble with their own hands.  Good tools are essential. 

young_mommy_2
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM
That's what I've been doing. well mainly my sister until I perfect the acrylic and French tips

Quoting eChard:

Practice makes perfect. Enlist some friends as guinea pigs :)

littlemascara
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I think basics first... then you can get more elaborate.  Share some pic of what you want to do, I'd love to see!

young_mommy_2
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Ok ill try. Im not sure what happened but uploading pics haven't been working lately. And some of it is easy. But I just can't hang it. Polka dots.... What should be easy aren't for me! They become distorted ovals.

Quoting littlemascara:

I think basics first... then you can get more elaborate.  Share some pic of what you want to do, I'd love to see!

young_mommy_2
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Do you have a Pintrest account? Therea aloy on there ill just have you search me and you can check out all the ones I wanna learn

Quoting littlemascara:

littlemascara
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM

get a dotting tool.  I have this from Sally's, the other end is a fine brush you can paint with.  And yup, I'm on Pinterest.

A product thumbnail of So Easy Double Up Detailing/Dotting Nail Brush

So Easy Double Up Detailing/Dotting Nail Brush

Quoting young_mommy_2:

Ok ill try. Im not sure what happened but uploading pics haven't been working lately. And some of it is easy. But I just can't hang it. Polka dots.... What should be easy aren't for me! They become distorted ovals.

Quoting littlemascara:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN