Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

So I finally switched to a sulphate free shampoo & conditioner

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 15 Replies

It's call Carol's Daughter... I bought the full set: shampoo, conditioner, hair treatment mask and monoi oil treatment.

...and let me just say aside from the monoi oil treatment I just HATE IT! I don't know how this is possible but it has made my hair harder than when I was using crappy drugstore quality Herbal Essences. The stupid product promises 96% less breakage after 1 use, and ok well I don't see my hair breaking, but it just doesn't feel nice until the next day.

So anyway I am using it up just because it was pricey and small bottles anyway....buuuut a warning to you ladies - this may not be the brand for you!

*sigh*

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh bummer you dont like it :( I use pureology and dont have a problem with it.

Christy619
by Christy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Oh wow, I have heard good things about that brand too...Thats too bad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Can you return it? Sometimes cheap shampoo is better.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM

normally I would but I was giving this a week long trial because I felt like maybe my hair needed to adjust, so I used up a lot of the product :( I don't think it's right to retun when you have used that much.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Can you return it? Sometimes cheap shampoo is better.

do11face
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I tried Carol's daughter hair milk because it was recommended by a hair stylist and it made my daughters hair all sticky and didn't help with frizz at all. I'm not a fan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I read a few reviews....seems that it works for some people but not for others! The only thing I like is the monoi oil ...but I haven't met a hair oil I don't like yet!

Quoting do11face:

I tried Carol's daughter hair milk because it was recommended by a hair stylist and it made my daughters hair all sticky and didn't help with frizz at all. I'm not a fan.

do11face
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Maybe it's just for a specific hair texture. But I gave it my friend whose daughter is mixed ad she said the same thing. So, idk. Bummer it was so expensive, too.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I read a few reviews....seems that it works for some people but not for others! The only thing I like is the monoi oil ...but I haven't met a hair oil I don't like yet!

Quoting do11face:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
givenshl
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I didn't like her Tui Moisturizing Leave In conditioner nor her monoi conditioner. That stuff left my hair thirsty. But I have been a fan of her hair elixir and hair balm. Those are the only 2 products I continue to buy from her line.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Its pureology sulphate free too..I'm going to be looking into a new brand in a couple weeks...

Quoting blondiemomof2:

Oh bummer you dont like it :( I use pureology and dont have a problem with it.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the loreal sulfate free line
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)