Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Wild hippie hair and giant forehead- need help!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 24 Replies

I could really use some advise...........

My hair needs some sort of shaping and possibly bangs to cover up my giant forehead. I have long layers right now. Other than that, I don't even know what to ask for when I get my hair cut. What would be flattering for my face shape? I need something that would work with my natural texture as well. I'm not the flat ironing/ curling/ blow drying type. I also usually wear glasses, if that makes a difference. 

Products that help with frizz and no heat styling suggestions would be helpful as well. I can only wear a side ponytail so many days in a row....I also suck at braiding and hairstyling in general.

My hair is:

thick 

coarse

wavy

dry 

frizzy 

hennaed

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Have you ever heard of Miss Jessie's products?  Quick Curls product might work well for your hair.  You can find it at Target or buy it online at missjessies.com

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I would get sideswept bangs, My hair is naturally wavy and pureology volume helps bring my waves out nicely.

zboys
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I like the first and third photos.  You are very pretty.

UberDomestic
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I was thinking something like that. I had really thick, blunt bangs before, and they were a pain. 

Quoting blondiemomof2:

I would get sideswept bangs, My hair is naturally wavy and pureology volume helps bring my waves out nicely.

UberDomestic
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Thank you. :) 

Quoting zboys:

I like the first and third photos.  You are very pretty.

UberDomestic
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Chillisarah:

Have you ever heard of Miss Jessie's products?  Quick Curls product might work well for your hair.  You can find it at Target or buy it online at missjessies.com

The Pillow Soft Curl stuff sounds like what I am looking for! I really hate crunchy hair. Their shampoo and conditioner sounds good too. 

Mama110981
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Hey. I love these posts. Lol. Im a hairstylist for paul mitchell. So im gonna post some styles of what i would recommend based on ur photos. If u have any question feel free to message me. ;)
Mama110981

Mobile Photo

Mama110981
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mama110981
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN