Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

hair... hair... hair...

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 16 Replies
I have really dark black hair... And I been buying hair dyes to do my hair lately and since my hair doesn't take in the color very good the colors never come out right... I've been gng to the salons in the past but I been wanting to try to do on my own... I know that I need to use 40 instead of 20 from the box... (that's what I was told by hair dressers) so I found some at sallys but I don't know how to mix all that stuff... Lol

Any suggestions what I need to do for my hair to start taking in the colors I want???? :/
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Personally, I'd never lighten on my own.  Too much can go wrong.

funmommy123
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I have bought some mixes from mission's beauty here. It was a liquid in a little bottle & some powder in a packet. I just mix the 2 in a bowl & apply to hair. This was about 7yrs ago though. I now go to the salon. I too have very black hair.
sjozuna06
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Maybe I'll just head to the salon... Lol
littlemascara
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

are you trying to lift? I'd go to the salon.  Or are you covering grey, or making your black hair black w/blue or red tones?

sjozuna06
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Going lighter for the summer...
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM

That's best. Then you are guaranteed the results you want.

Quoting sjozuna06:

Maybe I'll just head to the salon... Lol

---terrah---
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Since you have such dark hair, I'd go to a salon. An old co-worker of mine tried to lighten her very dark brown hair and it turned out really bad. She ended up having to spend over $200 at the salon to have it fixed!

loveing2013
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok... I have dark hair as well.. And i use this dye from Lori L called (light color for dark hair) its has no pneumonia in it or whatever its called.. Its about 6 dollars a bottle.. Ill find the dye n take a pic. And post it so u can see.. It works soooooo good(:
sjozuna06
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Ok.. That would be great!!!

Quoting loveing2013:

Ok... I have dark hair as well.. And i use this dye from Lori L called (light color for dark hair) its has no pneumonia in it or whatever its called.. Its about 6 dollars a bottle.. Ill find the dye n take a pic. And post it so u can see.. It works soooooo good(:

loveing2013
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM
No prob.(: I'm going to find the box really quick and take a pic and post it.. I'm sure u already know this lol but u will need a developer as well kk(:

Quoting sjozuna06:

Ok.. That would be great!!!

Quoting loveing2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)