Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Salon shampoo vs drugstore shampoo

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you buy salon shampoo over the drugstore brands? Do you feel that there is a definite difference in quality? I will openly admit that I've used both and out of all the shampoos that I've bought in the past, the Organix line at the drugstore is my favorite. But of course, the stylists always want me to buy the salon brands. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who can't tell a major difference between the salon stuff vs the drugstore brands.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I think there are good products in all the price ranges. I am not a high end snob :)

jenniferlee_12
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I have bought salon ones and drugstore ones. I usually do drugstore.

my4boys2002
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I have bought both I like my tresseme I've recently bought the new loreal in the black bottles so far I really like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on May. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't tell a difference.  I like my cheapy VO5 shampoo & conditoner.

zboys
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I'm on a budget so I stick to whatever's on sale.

littlemascara
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I like Carol's Daughter and Taya. 

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on May. 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM

OH man Carols daughter made my hair like straw! So disappointed! I only like the monoi oil!

I have had good luck when a hair professional selected salon shampoo for me, its' always been noticeably better than drugstore stuff. However I haven't had as much luck picking high end shampoo on my own ;(

Quoting littlemascara:

littlemascara
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I use the monoi, and her macadamia spray.  Most people complain it's too oily, that's weird it dried your hair out.  I also like Paul Mitchell a lot.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

OH man Carols daughter made my hair like straw! So disappointed! I only like the monoi oil!

I have had good luck when a hair professional selected salon shampoo for me, its' always been noticeably better than drugstore stuff. However I haven't had as much luck picking high end shampoo on my own ;(

Quoting littlemascara:

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on May. 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I know!...... Maybe it's better for a certain type of hair or something.... My hair is naturally wavy with a bit of texture to it... i thought the shampoo and conditioner would be really moisturising!  The oil is really great though.

Quoting littlemascara:

I use the monoi, and her macadamia spray.  Most people complain it's too oily, that's weird it dried your hair out.  I also like Paul Mitchell a lot.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting littlemascara:

HisUsmcWifey
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:51 AM

yes for sure. I only buy the salon brands and they make my hair amazing. I bought regular shampoo for a while from target and wal-mart but I hated it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN