Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get beautiful hair without pricey salon products!

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Look to your kitchen for the BEST moisturizing conditioners to revitalize your hair! Here's 4 easy recipes for all different hair types using all natural ingredients that you probably already have!

1. DRY hair:Olive oil Egg;
Combine 3tbsp of EVOO(extra virgin olive oil) with two eggs and apply the mixture to your hair. Leave on for 20mins before rinsing in the shower. The oil will provide moisture to the brittle locks and the protein in the egg will promote healthy growth.
2. ALL hair types:Avocado&Honey;
Form a mask using an avocado and 1tbsp honey. Distribute the mask onto hair and coat evenly. Leave on for 20mins before rinsing in the shower. Avocados are rich in vitamin e&protein which your hair needs to stay soft. And honey acts as a natural antibacterial agent.
3. OILY hair:Applecider Vinegar&Lemon;
Combine 1/4c applecider vinegar with the grated peel of an entire lemon. Leave on for 15mins to absorb excess oils from scalp before rinsing in shower. Applecider vinegar will remove built up styling products, conditioners and strengthen the hair shaft, leaving you with soft, shiny strands. It will also balance hairs pH level, kill bacteria & is a cure for dandruff.
4. DRY FLAKY SCALP hair:Banana, Honey&Almond;
Mash together 1/2 ripe banana and add 2tbsp honey & a few drops of almond oil. Leave on for 20mins before rinsing. Bananas can increase the moisture of your hair, smooth frizz and soothe your itchy scalp.

(Shower as normal after treatment)

Choose the one that fits you best and don't waste your money on pricey products ever again!!!

*Note; Be sure to bring a brush or wide toothed comb in the shower to brush out banana, egg or avacodo. Also be sure you have drain strain blocker or you will clog your shower!*
by on May. 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
live.the.life.
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM

yes love this! thanks for posting

sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I love olive oil on my hair. Thanks for posting.

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Great tips!  TFS!

mama0106
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Thank u coconut oil is great as well and almond oil
littlemascara
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Quoting mama0106:

looooooove coconut oil. for hair and skin.

alex815
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:50 AM
:)
bandit3201
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM

My hair is really dry and frizzy. I would like to try the olive oil and eggs. Is it hard to rinse out? Does it leave your hair greasy?

MsMimna
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM

These are wonderful tips !!! Thank you Sooo Much :))

Kitschy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I am never ever ever putting olive oil in my hair again.

.Holly.
by Holly on May. 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Same, coconut oil is the best. I also like avocado and argan oil as well for the hair.

Quoting littlemascara:

Quoting mama0106:

looooooove coconut oil. for hair and skin.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)