Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

so glad my kids don't like shopping here

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 31 Replies
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Katie on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

meh, they're clothes are mediocre basics at best, but of course every company has a target audience they're marketing to.

Apr1l
by Katie on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

attentions all so called uncool kids begin wearing Abercrombie lol

ReadWriteLuv
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this

We had a huge discussion about this in another group. Honestly, I don't care what he says. It's his brand, he can market to whom he chooses. If we all decided that we weren't going to buy products from companies that have self-absorbed assholes for CEO's, there would be very, very little left to buy in the world. 

ae86mommy
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Yeah-it doesn't really bother me. Every brand targets a certain group of people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM

of course they can market to who they want.  but wow, they won't HIRE people that don't meet their aesthetic either.  and apparently don't want people that don't fit that profile shopping their either (not the gretest business model I'd say). Not sure how they define "cool" in their hiring practices.

littlemascara
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Quoting Apr1l:

attentions all so called uncool kids begin wearing Abercrombie lol

wouldn't you love to know how they determine who are "cool kids" and who are not? If "uncool" kids walk in with a wad of cash... that must be a real conundrum for them. Apparently body size and shape has a lot to do with how cool a person is, according to him.

Apr1l
by Katie on May. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
It makes them SEEM more exclusive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on May. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM

what?!?!

Is this for real lol?? if so he sucks so bad

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
It's his right to run his business the way he wants and it's our right to not shop there or support it.
ReadWriteLuv
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

They've been sued for it before. It's no different than Hooters not hiring men. They don't fit the aesthetic. 

Ralph Lauren said a few years ago that his clothes weren't for black people. I think that is worse than what Jeffries said, and Ralph Lauren hasn't lost any money. 

Quoting littlemascara:

of course they can market to who they want.  but wow, they won't HIRE people that don't meet their aesthetic either.  and apparently don't want people that don't fit that profile shopping their either (not the gretest business model I'd say). Not sure how they define "cool" in their hiring practices.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN