Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

your mom...

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

what's your mom's beauty and style like? Did she teach you about makeup, get you interested in fashion, are you similar?Do you ever give her beauty and style tips or do things like manicures, etc together?

by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM

My mom is very minimal in her makeup, as am I.  But she's not all that interested in fashion, etc.  We do give eachother tips and once in a while go for pedicures together.

---terrah---
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I come from a very "non-fenimine" family. We're not too big into fashion, manicures etc. But the one thing that my mom did teach me was to take care of my skin. She is close to 60 and most people mistake her for being in her mid-40's. So I definitely take her advice when it comes to my skin. She also taught me to use minimal makeup..to let our natural beauty shine through.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on May. 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM

My mom used to be a lot more into makeup. She used to sell Avon when I was a kid...I remember that's how I got into makeup! These days shes a lot more natural with her makeup but does her nails(at the salon) like crazy. Sometimes we go together, she lives far away though so it's not that often. Her fashion choices have always been questionable lol - she looks to me a lot for help in that department.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Back in the 80s I rembwr my mom always getting a perm (she already has curly hair lol ) and doing her makeup and getting dressed for work. Later in life she is very much a five min get ready girl. She never leaves the house with out at least mascara though she has red hair so her natural lash doesn't tend to stand out at all. Growing up she let me play and learn using her makeup and hair products. When I'm home to visit I still steal her stuff to use while I'm home lol
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM

She has no style.  She's not into it at all.

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on May. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

My mom was a very beautiful woman.  She was into modeling and fashion shows. 

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM
My mom wore makeup but she didn't share or teach us about it. I kind of figured things out on my own. As for fashion she is in her 60's. I've tried to teach her about classic pieces, which she has picked up on some.
littlemascara
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM

My mom has always been beautiful.  She wore pretty minimal makeup, she took me to classes when I started wearing it.  She always has taken good care of her skin, excpt for tanning but she didn't know better back then! She has her own style, pretty classic and casual.  She likes to wear statement necklaces, and usually a classic top and slacks. 

lady-t3984
by Tina on May. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM

My  Mother' passed away in 2007. But,before she passed,my Mother loved shopping,dressing,and lipstick.  And, I inherited all her traits,lol. I love shopping for clothes, I love feeling soft,and looking like a lady,and I have to have my red lipstick,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN