Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pretty Workspaces

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you have a designated spot for your comp/books etc?

by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I think that space is so cute! I had an office, then lost it to dd's room lol. Now that we're in the new place, I have an office in the basement, I started decorating but there's still work to do. 

my4boys2002
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM
For my personal use I use only my iPhone and iPad. My office where I work out of is in my shoe room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on May. 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM

yes but my office space is very office looking. lol. nothing pretty about this space. It's all dark wood office furniture and bookshelves...leftovers from my time in academia...

zboys
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM

That's beautiful!  I love the colors.  I have a desk in my room and a table full of my photos that need organizing.  In my bathroom I have my art supplies filling up a bookshelf.  In the closet are my sewing supplies and machine.

jenniferlee_12
by Jenn on May. 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
A desk in my den. Plain and boring.
littlemascara
by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM

That's super cute.  I used to have a room in the basement, and old darkroom that I actually used as a darkroom.  But then I decided to make it a more all-purpose art room (I oil paint) and painted it baby pink and mint. But... when I started getting sick around 2005 I used it less and less.  It had a little adjoining toom that DH kept a lot fo his music stuff in.  So for my gift last Valnetine's my dad ripped out the little wall, counters, cabinets, etc and put in an accoustic ceiling, a whole wall of shelves for vinyl records (we have thousands), painted, carpet, etc and now it's all hubby's.  He loves it, it looks like a record store, lol.  I got him little white dividers since he actually keeps them alphabetized. :D They shelves look like this (only, ours is completely full)

littlemascara
by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:18 PM

oh, and my computer work area is my bed, lol.  I do have a big cherry desk in my living room where the printer is and the Mac I need to get fixed.  All the kids, DH and I have laptops, but I do like the desktop sometimes. 

Meanwhile, now that DS doesn't keep his drum kit here anymore (he's in a band, so it stays at another kid's house where they practice), we are going to fix up the unfinished side of the basement, it's a walkout to the backyard and has a lot of windows.  That's going to be my new "all my space" where I can keep my art supplies and stuff and work on things where I can be uninterupted by pets or people. 

LivinDeadGurl
So tired of this migraine!
Yesterday at 3:17 PM
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I just have a spot in my living room. It's not pretty though.

live.the.life.
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM

i am turning my family room into my creative workspace

live.the.life.
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM

i have my moms vynly records, tons of them too

Quoting littlemascara:

That's super cute.  I used to have a room in the basement, and old darkroom that I actually used as a darkroom.  But then I decided to make it a more all-purpose art room (I oil paint) and painted it baby pink and mint. But... when I started getting sick around 2005 I used it less and less.  It had a little adjoining toom that DH kept a lot fo his music stuff in.  So for my gift last Valnetine's my dad ripped out the little wall, counters, cabinets, etc and put in an accoustic ceiling, a whole wall of shelves for vinyl records (we have thousands), painted, carpet, etc and now it's all hubby's.  He loves it, it looks like a record store, lol.  I got him little white dividers since he actually keeps them alphabetized. :D They shelves look like this (only, ours is completely full)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)