Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Sleek Haul! (a little long with pics)

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

Finally got my first Sleek Makeup order in! I had to wait 10 days from UK to Toronto, Canada delivery. Super excited to share with you Ladies!

Ok so from left to right I have:

True colour lipstick : Peaches and Cream  Barely There

iDivine Palette: Ultra matteV2

Dip It liquid eyeliner: Black

Cream to Powder foundation: Praline

Eau La La liners(top to bottom): Melba, pumpkin, red sky night

Close ups and swatches!

I did everything without flash so it all seems a bit dark, but at least it's closer to the result you will see in natural light. Sorry about my ashy skin OMG I need lotion lol. The lipsticks are especially deceiving in the picture as they are way too dark looking. Even swatched on me in the picture they show up lighter on my face in real life.

Anyway I am super happy with everything! everything is pigmented and creamy. The lipsticks are GORGEOUS as are the liners. The liners are a little bit longer than most pencils too which is nice. I may order more colours!

The only half/bad thing I would say about the shadows is that they are a little chalky, I will have to see if there is lots of fall out when applied to my eyes. I think they will benefit very well from a primer though. Oh and the cream to powder foundation is WAY darker in real life than the picture on the website...I actually thought it would be too light for me, but it's tan for my skin! Definitely get a tester pack if you are gonna buy any - ...its not too off for me, I will be mixing anyway.

Overall good buy for the money! 

by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Yay! Oh man beautiful lip colors :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on May. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I know they are great! I looooooove peaches and cream - you were right about that one!

Quoting ae86mommy:

Yay! Oh man beautiful lip colors :)

mstrendygirl
by Irene on May. 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been wanting a sleek palette for a while. i heard they are chalky but there very duable and pigmented.love the colors.love the color of the lipsticks

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on May. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Perfect description the shadows! Not bad at all for the price though!

I think I'm going to pick up one of the brighter palettes like "acid" down the road.They also have a primer palette to be used with the shadows I'll have to investigate that further...

Quoting mstrendygirl:

I have been wanting a sleek palette for a while. i heard they are chalky but there very duable and pigmented.love the colors.love the color of the lipsticks

mstrendygirl
by Irene on May. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I have to agree there pricing is good. i was looking at there lip palettes they have some pretty colors. i actually need a lip palette since i do makeup on the side. and i hate hauling lipsticks around.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I think I'm going to pick up one of the brighter palettes like "acid" down the road.They also have a primer palette to be used with the shadows I'll have to investigate that further...

Quoting mstrendygirl:

jenniferlee_12
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Pretty
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Beautiful colors! Love it! Never heard of that company. I love the lip liners! 

ae86mommy
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Can you get acid? I wanted it but it can't ship to the us

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting mstrendygirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on May. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

It's funny I wasn't supposed to be able to get ultra matte 2 either...and yet here it is......I would try and add it to your cart - if you cant get it, the website won't allow you to. Maybe that notice is old!

Quoting ae86mommy:

Can you get acid? I wanted it but it can't ship to the us

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting mstrendygirl:

my4boys2002
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice haul
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN