Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sretch Marks

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hello! MY NAME IS RACHEL I HAD MY SON SEPT 8,2012 HES NINE MONTHS NOW I TRIED EVERYTHING FOR MY SRETCH MARKS THEY DONT SEEM TO B WORKING HOW DO I GET RID OF MY SREATCH MARKS AND BABY TUMMY NOTHINGS HELPIN EXCRISE NOTHING I DONT HAVE A LOVE LIFE WITH MY FIANCE ANYMORE N THE BEDROOM BECAUSE I HAVE TO LEAVE MY SHIRT ON AND HE WANTS MY SHIRT OFF N THE LIGHT ON HE LOVES MY BELLY THE WAY IT IS BUT I CANT STAND MY STOMACH I NEED HELP

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocky_mtn_mama
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you can "get rid of" your stretch marks, though they will fade over time.  

Trust your fiance, he loves you just the way you are.  Look at your tummy as a good thing, it means you're a mommy and that you're loved.

KelliansMom
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Bio oil and coconut oil help fade mine and a spray tan covers them but they are still there ....laser treatments and surgury(tummy tuck) is the only way to rid of them. 

A flat tummy is 80% diet (clean eating) and the rest is excersise. You cant spot reduce so you can do sit ups till the cows come home and it wont change a thing. Cardio and all over body stranght training with core work outs will make a difference. and it takes time it do after all take nine months grow the belly that carried your baby :) 

ChicatSixty
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Check Amazon and see if there are any after-baby self-esteem books.

It is not as important as you are making it to be in your head. Your man loves you. He loves you in the light and he loves you in the dark and he loves the way you look now, stretch marks and all. Those stretch marks are HIS doing and he is proud of them.

I was shanked at work and have a huge scar, Huge. It looks like someone stabbed me in the gut (which they did). It's 18 inches long and looks pretty hideous. I also had both rotator cuffs ripped up in a riot ( I think it was a melee; not enough men involved for it to be terms a riot). I have scars there, too.  My husband loves me---stretchmarks, scars and all. Were I with someone who was a little squeemy about the tiger stripes I wear on my body, I would encourage him to put a paper bag on his head. I earned these stripes.

So did you.

They do flatten out and turn silver in another year. With some tan lotion, you won't notice them. In five years, they will be a non issue.

AS far as exercise...running, ZUMBA, pilates and yoga are the best things you can do.

You just gave birth to a thinking human.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I dunno what to tell you...I have stretch marks on my inner arms and inner thighs from when I was a teenager and had a growth spurt. That was over 10 years ago, and they are not noticable from a distance because they have faded - but they are still there!

blondiemomof2
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM

It would be better to work on your self esteem than your stretch marks :)

twinners.mama
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I used mederma for stretch marks. It faded them enough for me to be able to feel confident again!
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I've never had stretch marks, bump!

jenniferlee_12
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My stretch marks are indents also. I figure a small price to pay for my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmiley
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:58 PM

i exerisse every day i se tanning spray i cant wear a two piace bathing to take my son n the pool i have no self esteem i never had self esteem

Jac817
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You can't get rid of them unless you have a tummy tuck, or something along those lines.  I have stretch marks as well and my son is 3 years old.  I wish they were not there, but there is nothing I can do unless I want to get surgery. Accept yourself!  Your husband loves you the way you are!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)