Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

How do you curl/straighten your hair?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

My stylist always uses a flat iron to curl my hair, and when I'm at home and want straight hair, I always use a curling iron to straighten it (I have a flat iron, but feel that the curling iron makes it look a little more natural).

What do you use to style your hair?

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I have to go to the hair dresser or call my little sister I'm not good a doing my hair.
FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I have a flat iron, that has a curved edge that is perfect for curling my hair under when I straighten it.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I used to a lot. Not as much anymore because of the time it takes. I have that horrible in between curly and straight wavy hair that really needs taming. I have a flat iron and a curling wand. I wish my waves were nice and I could just wear them naturally.

Apr1l
by Katie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Just get it wet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christyg
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I curl my daughters a lot, but dont really curl my own. It took me awhile to get used to the wand curler, but I love it now! Its really fast and makes really pretty curls. 

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Depends on the type of curl I am going for. To get a beachy wavy curl I use my flat iron. For more tight spiraly curls I use a curling iron.

littlemascara
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I blow it straight, but to curl I use a flat iron.

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM

If I want a naturally curly look I just wash and condition my hair and then use Miss Jessie's styling products.  If I want a dry curl I use a curling iron and do pin curls and set with hair spray.  When I want my hair flattened straight I use Maxius Steam Straightener and/or Hana Professional Flat Iron.  Both work great.

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I have a ghd flat iron and these clip things to curl 

countryglammer
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM

i go to bed with my hair damp and in the morning i have lots of waves and use a flat iron for sleek look . The older i get the more i am getting my dads hair, it keeps getting more curly and curly by the day , lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN