Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Shopping For Plus-Sized Clothes

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

I just want to know where everyone who's plus-sized shops for clothes? Department stores are often a poor choice because they only offer over-sized mumus and high-waisted "mom" pants. I like Torrid but I think it's marketed towards tweens and juniors. Lane Bryant is the only store I can think of that sells pretty and fashionable plus-sized clothes for women 30 and up. 

Just one more question: are there any other plus-sized fashionistas who can ocassionally squeezed into a XL or L pair of pants?  How about a size M top? Am I an anomoly!?  Thanks!

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Katie on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Asos has a great plus size site.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4AJ
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM

i acutally shop at walmart for my clothes... the jeans i'm in right now are a 26... i think they also have a couple sizes bigger too if need be... and my tops i can fit anywere from a large if i want to show off my girls to a 3x if i want more comfort...

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Its been tough trying to find things since I gained weight....
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I get my jeans through Old Navy and get tops anywhere I can find them. I love basic tanks and tees from Target though.

bellabelle74
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Cato's and Maurices have a nice selection of Plus Size clothing, so does Belks.

lady-t3984
by Tina on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Actually,I love Macys clothing,and they don't sell anything that look like mumus. I also like Ashley Stewart for sportwear. For dresswear,I usually order from Midnight Velvet.
ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:42 PM
If you're plus sized, wear plus sided clothing. Don't squeeze into anythings. My mom and I shop at torrid.
countryglammer
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM

i have such a hard time finding the right fit, i am top heavy and the tops are always too big or too small, i am stuck in the middle of large and xlarge :( , pants i am a 12/13, some 10/11

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I shop online for my clothes because I find more of selection then I do in the stores. Here is where I shop:

Dots

Ashely Swetart

Torrid

Old Navy

Dep shop

Shopsha0911
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM

LB is where I have purchased a lot of items but their quality has gone down drastically and the prices remain the same. The only time I buy LC is if I can get 50 percent or more off. Tj Maxx and Marshalls have a good stream of new plus sized items that are trendy and current for the most part.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)