Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Bells are Ringing, It's Go Time!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this

The clothes are bought, the pencils are sharpened, the bus is coming, it's go time people.

I've deposited money in her lunch account, we've laid out clothes for the entire first week with plans on next week. She's met her teacher, her best friend is in her class and she's pumped to get third grade started.

How is this possible? I can remember back to school shopping for third grade, I remember because I got the coolest puffy paint animal sweatshirt ever. It always drove me nuts that back to school happened when it was still warm outside while all my coolest back to school clothes were for cooler weather. Shopping with Addie this year was fun, we had a full on dressing room fashion show, she tried on anything and everything she liked and narrowed it down to a really cool skirt and blazer (I'm so in love with blazers.) They go together perfectly but can be paired with a dozen other things and look just as cool. She decided the "baby backpack" had to go (a Mickey Mouse backpack she's had since preschool) and in its place is a super chic teal backpack with a muted feather pattern. Even I would use her backpack. While she didn't exactly *need* a new lunch bag we couldn't pass up on the most adorable kitty shaped bag, it balances out her grown up backpack nicely (and her previous owl themed lunchbag will go to Vivi.)

She added in a few fun pencils, notebooks and erasers and we were good to go.

She's already been back for over a week and I'd say things are going well. I mean, aside from me wondering where my baby went and how in the WORLD is she already in third grade? Third graders are huge! Third graders are tough! Third graders are big kids! I'm convinced my third grader is still a little kid and will be until she proves otherwise.

by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Time flies!  My little girl is going into 1st grade and I am still in disbelief. :'(  I just hope she has a good year and makes good friends in class.  Just a few more weeks for school!

alliesmom112
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

My dd started Kindergarten today and I find myself trying to figure out where the last 5 years went. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital and now she is in school. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM

My dd starts 1st grade in 3 weeks.  Time is moving too fast!

MichelleK41
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Love those cowgirl boots!

copperswifey
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Love the boots, sooo cute!!! :)

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM

i can't believe it's almost september already!

johnny4ever
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quoting MichelleK41:

sukainah
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM

My 2nd grader started today and my pre-k will start on Monday.  I can't believe both my kids will be in school!  We just dress basically, jeans and T-shirts.  They are cute though.

TerriC
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM

My girls are going into 4th and 3rd.  =-(  They do seem like such big kids, but they are still my babies!

TerriC
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I agree, so cute!

Quoting MichelleK41:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)