Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Do you remember (did you ever).. ?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Amy
  • 17 Replies

Sunbathing as a teen?  

I remember that my cousins used to slick themselves up with baby oil and lay on the deck of their house (above the pool) and just bake in the sun.  I only remember doing that once myself as I am very fair and didn't tan, but burnt to a crisp.

Did you ever do anything like that when you were young?

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I didn't. I never really cared to be tan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM

No I didn't but when I lived in TX I went boating almost everyday and was more tanned than I ever have been in my life.  I tan very quickly and easily also.

pixiemg1
by Amy on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Yep, did that a few times in my teens.  My bestie used to use cooking oil and foil to get tan.  I am surprised she hasn't developed skin cancer because of it.  She used to burn her face so bad.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Yikes!  I hope she's watching her skin as she is getting older.

Quoting pixiemg1:

Yep, did that a few times in my teens.  My bestie used to use cooking oil and foil to get tan.  I am surprised she hasn't developed skin cancer because of it.  She used to burn her face so bad.

Apr1l
by Katie on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
No I avoided tanning on purpose still do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eChard
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Oh yes! I would get so dark. Now I barely go out in the sun and when I do I have sunscreen on!
bkwrmem
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM

i did it one time with my sister we put on the same lotion and sat next to eachother i went in she stayed out an hour longer than me she had a nice tan i was lobster red, i don't tan i burn.

zboys
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I might've done it once or twice, but I never really needed to purposefully do it since my skin is tan naturally.  Now that I'm way older, I need to be careful about the sun (though I haven't been this summer--oops!).

PEEK05
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Nope

almburr
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I never just laid out to tan. Just spent all summer outside running around. I tanned easily. My mom can be outside for 10min and she is a lobster.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)