Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

C.O. washing? **

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do any of you ladies do C.O. washing?  Results?  Do you think it is worth it?  I am on day 3 and I can tell a difference in my hair's texture.  It isn't dry, just soft and shiny.  Easier to straighten as well.  I wonder if this changes after a period of time?  When should I clarify?  How often do you clarify?  Thanks ladies!  :)

I am on my second week now of C.O. washing.  The first week, I cleansed with my conditioner every day.  I noticed my hair was clean, soft, and shiny.  I figured I would clarify once a week, and it would be on Sunday.  On Sunday, I clarified and used conditioner, and my hair felt very clean but very light and airy (I don't like that!). This week, by Wednesday I felt like my hair was already getting build up so I decided to clarify.  I wonder if I should clarify twice a week, or push through until Sunday?  I have read that some weeks are different than other weeks on hair and sometimes you just have to push through it.  I believe my hair is getting used to NOT being stripped down every day so maybe it is going into over-drive.  I use Herbal Essences because they are Silicone free.  I notice that H.E. isn't as harsh as some products.  What  products do you use?

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Yes, I co-wash and then when I clarify just depends, sometimes once a week (like in the summer) or once every two weeks.

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

oh and the results are great.  My hair is less dry, shinier, softer, more manageable.  I think the co-washing has a lot to do with that but also I do coconut oil treatments on my hair and so that contributes to my results also.

Jac817
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Thanks for your reply!  I was losing a lot of hair all the time washing normally.  So now, after a few days of C.O. washing, I am hardly losing any hair.  That is a perk for me!  I will clarify once a week I think, but so far, it seems good for my hair.  How long have you C.O.d?

Quoting Chillisarah:

oh and the results are great.  My hair is less dry, shinier, softer, more manageable.  I think the co-washing has a lot to do with that but also I do coconut oil treatments on my hair and so that contributes to my results also.

Naturalmom304
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I co wash and love the results! I clarify as needed depending on product build up or once a month.

www.natural4.kitsylane.com
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Ive never tried it because my hair is so fine and limp. Keep us updated on your results!
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM

For a couple years now.

Quoting Jac817:

Thanks for your reply!  I was losing a lot of hair all the time washing normally.  So now, after a few days of C.O. washing, I am hardly losing any hair.  That is a perk for me!  I will clarify once a week I think, but so far, it seems good for my hair.  How long have you C.O.d?

Quoting Chillisarah:

jenniferlee_12
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM
How do you do it and what do you use to get your results?
Jac817
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM

My hair is fine and limp too!  I really can tell a difference.  Give it a try for a week or two and see what your results are.  :)

Quoting blondiemomof2:

Ive never tried it because my hair is so fine and limp. Keep us updated on your results!

Jac817
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM

You use a conditioner that you love (For me, the silicone free Herbal Essences).  Typcially, threads and posts say you should use one that is "hydrating".  There are some conditioners that are targeted towards C.O. washing only.  I have not found that product yet.  I am not willing to buy it online quite yet, either.  Maybe in the future!  :)

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

How do you do it and what do you use to get your results?

littlemascara
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I do.  I really love Carol's Daughter's products, and their youtube channel has some great tips, including about cowashing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN