Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

do you like plaid?

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Replies (11-17):
just.me.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM

my side ofthe family is mainly Irish, but DH's dad was a 1st generation American.  DH has 1 tattoo, and it's his family crest. :) 

My dad is REALLY into genealogy, this summer he took my brother and nephew to Ireland to meet relatives he tracked down.  But he research DH's family, some in Scotland we were in contact with, but the others were new to us and he was able to trace his family back to very early times.  He's part of the Stewart clan, although that is not our name.  But that is the tartan we are supposed to wear (his grandmpther was dead serious about that, lol).  Which gives us many choices! :) 

Quoting Apr1l:

Yes people say silly things like nice skirt lol to that I say, ok you're ignorant I get it.
We were married in a gorgeous manor house in Scotland it was so much fun! His uncle played the pipes =)
Cool to know another person who loves the Scottish traditions

Quoting just.me.:

Quoting Apr1l:

Yes! My husb was married in a kilt <3

that's my only wedding "regret".... he should have worn his kilt! He has the whole kit, we still have family living in Scotland.... but he does wear his kilt for other occasions.  I am always shocked how RUDE women are about it though, lol.  Do NOT ask a man wearing a kilt who is obviously with his partner "so, what are you wearing under there?" UHG!!!  My son wears kilts pretty often, we had he first one made when he was about 18 mos old.  it's so cute!!

Babybear89
by Gracey on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM
No good. Not my thing
mom4awesomekids
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Some depending on colors.

DirtyHippyMama
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM

i do 

DirtyHippyMama
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM

haven't worn any in years though 

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Not too much anymore. I used to wear some.

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

cute

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN