Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever use those hot/cold rice packs?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Amy
  • 11 Replies

I have one that I love to use when I have a migraine.  I keep it in the freezer and when my head hurts I just throw it over my eyes and let the cold sink in along with the smell (peppermint).

I'm on the hunt for a new one and found them on amazon, but I don't know if I really want to shell out $21 for a little eye pillow thing.

Do you have/use anything like this?

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I have a rice one that I like to heat up sometimes.  It's very soothing.

just.me.
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM

good god yes I DO! I have ooties, a neck wrap,  large wrap you can put on shoulders/back/hips.  I actually have  2 booties so I can always have one when the other in in the wash.  I often see them at Big Lots, you might want to look there, but they are worth the money.

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Yes I'm using one right now I think I pulled something in my back

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM

They have hem on etsy search for them and check shipping this one is like 13$ including shipping and you can choose the fabric. https://www.etsy.com/listing/127188257/rice-pillows-with-removable-cover-for?ref=sr_gallery_19&ga_search_query=rice+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto2&ga_explicit_scope=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmaderice+pillow

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I used to have one that I would use with sinus headaches or when my sinuses are so bad that they start to affect my ear.

just.me.
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM

look at ulta too, they often have little gift sets of them... if you can wait a bit, around holiday time you will find LOTS of gift sets.

jenniferlee_12
by Jenn on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM
You can make your own. Pinterest should have a tutorial or Etsy.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Oh, I forgot about Etsy, I'll check that out.

Quoting NewMamaBoo:

They have hem on etsy search for them and check shipping this one is like 13$ including shipping and you can choose the fabric. https://www.etsy.com/listing/127188257/rice-pillows-with-removable-cover-for?ref=sr_gallery_19&ga_search_query=rice+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto2&ga_explicit_scope=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmaderice+pillow

amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Don't they just feel so great when you have a headache?  Love mine for that!

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

I used to have one that I would use with sinus headaches or when my sinuses are so bad that they start to affect my ear.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thanks I have an Ulta right down the street, I'll go look there.

Quoting just.me.:

look at ulta too, they often have little gift sets of them... if you can wait a bit, around holiday time you will find LOTS of gift sets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)