Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

If you wash your hair at night...

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm always confused on if it's best to go ahead and put the products in my hair like root boosters, texturizers, etc. or if it's best to wait until morning.  Spritz your hair to dampen it a bit and put them in, in the AM?  Or would they still be effective putting them in while your hair is still wet at night?

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
just.me.
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd save actual styling products for when I want to style... so if you can wet your hair in the morning, I'd do that.  Otherwse you are just adding product on top of product and probably not getting the best results. 

jenniferlee_12
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
My hair is always flat if I shower at night. Unless I wrap it in a bun then flip my hair over and spray it in the morning to lift it.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Good question.  I hardly ever add styling products so I'd like to know too for those times that I do use them.

Apr1l
by Katie on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM
I use smoothing products while my hair is damp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I know that adding in your products after showering and before getting dressed is the ideal.  But my schedule is to shower and wash my hair at night and I really don't see that changing.  So.....I'm thinking just spritz on water in the am to dampen my hair and then add in my products? 

Rosamv
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I think hair products work best when you put them when your hair is just washed and wet.  I wash my hair at night and put in a silicone product and then run the flat iron through my hair.  It turns out soft and shiny.

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Things like root boosters, thickeners, mousse etc really need the hairdryer to activate them properly. Finishers like texturizing paste and hairspray etc are best used on hair that is already dry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN