Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Experimenting with something new?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 24 Replies

A new look? A new makeup product?

I recently starting using (and loving) yellow concealer. Really does wonders for my under eye circles. I noticed I have a tendancy to try out cheapie products first to see if i like how they work...then graduate (or not) to higher end versions.

Here is the cheapie yellow concealer I used from NYX

I just put in an order for Lancomes Maquiconplet concealer

Also decided I wanted in on the harem pant trend. A little late but hey, they look cute with my high heels =)

How about you? Try anything new?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AromaDrops33
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I love yellow concealer, I use Jordan Essentials
twinners.mama
by Kayla on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I really want some (fake) leather leggings or skinny pants!!! I'm having trouble finding cute ones at a reasonable price.
Apr1l
by Katie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

those pants are cool

Apr1l
by Katie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

oh and yes usually I can't stant lipsticks with a metallic sheen, but I have been loving burgundy with a bit of sheen.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I love the leather look - always worried about the heat factor though. Especially with synthetics...I get hot SUPER fast. Interestingly enough I also get cold super fast hahaha. I might be willing to give coated jeans a try.

Quoting twinners.mama:

I really want some (fake) leather leggings or skinny pants!!! I'm having trouble finding cute ones at a reasonable price.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM

sounds pretty

Quoting Apr1l:

oh and yes usually I can't stant lipsticks with a metallic sheen, but I have been loving burgundy with a bit of sheen.

Hadadat
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I"ve been wanting to try a new foundation. I love my Tarte amazonian clay stuff but I'm thinking about trying their maracuja miracle foundation next. I can't see to get the right coverage. I loved Urban Decay's Naked but sometimes that can be too light and my Make Up Forever can be too much.

Grrrrr to my oily skin!

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Maracuja miracle is quite different from the clay one. Totally different texture. I use it to mix with some of my more full coverage foundations. I'm not really sure how it will fare on oily skin though! Its quite moisturizing....maybe try an oil control primer?

Quoting Hadadat:

I"ve been wanting to try a new foundation. I love my Tarte amazonian clay stuff but I'm thinking about trying their maracuja miracle foundation next. I can't see to get the right coverage. I loved Urban Decay's Naked but sometimes that can be too light and my Make Up Forever can be too much.

Grrrrr to my oily skin!

Hadadat
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I have. From high end to drugstore, nothing keeps the oil at bay. Even face washes used before to try, still oily. I'm just naturally an oil slick....oh joy :/

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Maracuja miracle is quite different from the clay one. Totally different texture. I use it to mix with some of my more full coverage foundations. I'm not really sure how it will fare on oily skin though! Its quite moisturizing....maybe try an oil control primer?

Quoting Hadadat:

Grrrrr to my oily skin!

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM

lol wow! well at least your skin will probably age more slowly! :)

Quoting Hadadat:

I have. From high end to drugstore, nothing keeps the oil at bay. Even face washes used before to try, still oily. I'm just naturally an oil slick....oh joy :/

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting Hadadat:

Grrrrr to my oily skin!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)