Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Is expenisve nail polish really better than drug store nail polish?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 16 Replies

I only buy drug store nail polish. Are the expensive brands really better?

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katie314
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I use victorias secret nail polish, it lasts at least 3X longer than the cheap nail polish. I think if you get the nicer brands at the drug store they're better than the $2 nail polishes. You get what you pay for.
eChard
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:52 PM
In my experience, yes they are :( But I'm tough on my nails and now I only use gel polish because it's the only thing that really lasts for me.
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM

No! I have hundreds of bottles. What makes the biggest difference is a good basecoat :)

Apr1l
by Katie on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Oooh haven't tried vs polish yet

Quoting katie314:

I use victorias secret nail polish, it lasts at least 3X longer than the cheap nail polish. I think if you get the nicer brands at the drug store they're better than the $2 nail polishes. You get what you pay for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Katie on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:10 PM
What's your fav(s) basecoat?

Quoting blondiemomof2:

No! I have hundreds of bottles. What makes the biggest difference is a good basecoat :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Katie on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Idk it's hit or miss like butter london sometimes is not worth it. My fav formula wise is color club
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Quoting Apr1l:

What's your fav(s) basecoat?

Quoting blondiemomof2:

surprisingly it's super cheap from the dollar store. It's la colors. I liked Sally Hansen nail quenched but it's dc'd now. cnd stickey is good and seche vite isn't bad. There are a bunch that are highly recommended that I don't like but I think base coats work differently on different body chemistries. Unfortunately it's a trial and error thing :(
just.me.
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM

i think some do better with your own body, oils, etc but none last w/o a good base and top coat.  what I really hate about cheap 99 cent polish is it's like INSTANT migraine, it's as bad as sniffing glue.  I can get 10 days out of Butter London, but I usually change before that. 

sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quoting katie314:

I've never tried VS , but good to know! .  

pixiemg1
by Amy on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Nope.  It really depends on your body chemistry how well the polish lasts.  Plus using a good base & top coat help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN