Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

wedding post!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay, so I know this isn't a wedding forum, but I post in here way more than any other group and I thought I would tell you about our day!!  It started our a little rough on Friday morning when the woman from the restaurant we were suppose to have our rehearsal dinner at called me!  Their banquet room had flooded...... so she had contacted another restaurant and they were willing to accomadate us, but didn't have some of the food for our menu we had choosen.  I told her that I just didn't care.  Just make food and we will eat it. haha.  It turned our nice and casual.  There were italian beef sandwiches, fried chicken, some pasta salads, coleslaw.  In the end it was totally fine!!  Then we woke up Saturday!!  The big day!! And it was pouring rain. Just breathe....right?? So we went through the day, got our hair done, all of that.  I did my own makeup ;)  Our daughters were being super good!! They are only three so we were a little nervous, but we loaded up in the car and went to the gardens to get ready for pictures!  P.S. it was still raining.  Suddenly at about 2:45pm the clouds dissappeared and the rain went away!! at 3pm when we started our pictures the most beautiful day had emerged and I thought ok, everything will go great now!! And it did for the most part!  We had a beautiful ceremony in a garden the weather was the type of weather you dream about for your outdoor wedding.  Not too hot, but not chilly.  The sun was beautiful.  And even though our girls were over the wedding stuff and had already taken off their dresses the stood with us during the ceremony!  Well, I carried one own the aisle and held her the entire time (my arm is still sore).  I let her watch netflix on my phone while I held her to avoid the crying that almost took place as my dad was going to walk my down the aisle, but you gotta do what you gotta do right?  My mom said she had no idea cartoons were being viewed!! Our other daughter insisted on fluffing my dress and veil every two minutes, but everyone thought she was adorable.  The last mishap we had was with the cake.  After the ceremony I was trying to get our girls settled and my mom and MIL came in and handed me a phone.  They said it was The Sweetspot (our bakery for the cake).  ugh, my stomach dropped when my MIL just shouted there's no cake!!! So I get on the phone and the woman apologizes, starts crying, and says she had it in her calander for the 19th. -_- Really lady, cause when I talked to you this past week and a half the subject of every single email was 10.12.13 wedding.  I just told her I didn't want to talk to her right now, because I didn't want to scream because that would get us no where and that was done is done, but she should be expecting my call Monday morning.  The woman who was in charge of the gardens we got married in (our reception was there too) ran to a grocery store and got enough sheet cake for everyone.  She brought back a mini cake too and our caterer took flowers from our centerpieces to put on top of it so we had a cake to cut.  All in all the day was beautiful.  We are married and that's all that matters.  We are so happy with the way the day went, even though we had some bumps that day!  I don't have any pictures of my dress at all!!  We were so busy tending to our girls and trying to say hello to everyone that the only pictures that got taken were the ones by our photographer.  But don't worry!! When I get them I will show you guys my dress!! It is the style lounge ;)

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!  Something always goes wrong at weddings. Same things happened to me, but in the grand scheme of things, they weren't a big deal. Glad you had a wonderful wedding day!

jenniferlee_12
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Congrats! That is cute about the cartoons. Sorry about the cake. So what did she say when you called her? I had EVERYTHING go wrong with my wedding,but it isn't the wedding that matters, it is the people you are with.
pixiemg1
by Amy on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Congratulations!  Sounds like for the most part it went well.  So what happened when you called the bakery?

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Congrats! I had a mishap with my wedding cake too...my brother delivered it and totally ruined one half of it.  I wanted to kill him....anyway fortunately the florist lady who did our flowers was able to disguise the crappy half with flowers!

Can't wait for the pics!

Apr1l
by Katie on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats!!  *raises a glass*

oh man something interesting always seems to happen on special days.

my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
just.me.
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM

it all sounds great, even the cake disater... you will look back and laugh.  I only know what our cake LOOKED like because I have photos.  There is always a disater....mine was my DRESS! congrats again!!!!!!

just.me.
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM

my ex-SIL made the cake for 2 of my friends weddings and DH and I delivered them.... like MILES AND MILES of driving in the mountains over rocks and bumps.... it was white knuckle all the way, but they arrived just as beautiful as they were made. :)

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Congrats! I had a mishap with my wedding cake too...my brother delivered it and totally ruined one half of it.  I wanted to kill him....anyway fortunately the florist lady who did our flowers was able to disguise the crappy half with flowers!

Can't wait for the pics!

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I told her I didn't want to carry on about what happened, I just wanted to "fix" it.  I told her I obviously expected a full refund, and that we were currently out another $100 for the sheet cakes.  She said okay to all of that.  Then I asked if she would make TJ and I each a cupcake so we could eat them together since we didn't even get to eat cake at all that night.  Red velvet for him and lemon poppy seed for me (those were suppose to be our cake flavors). She said okay to that too.  When my MIL got there to pick up everything the woman had actually made us 4 red velvet cupcakes, 4 lemon poppy seed cakes and a small cake for us to either eat or freeze. We are currently eating it.. haha. o well. She made it as right as she could have and really that's all I wanted.  What was done was done ya kno. No point in arguing, now it's over.  Life goes on.

Quoting pixiemg1:

Congratulations!  Sounds like for the most part it went well.  So what happened when you called the bakery?

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM

You're right.  It is the people who are important, and as far as any of that goes our day was absolutely perfect!!  I told the woman I wanted a full refund, the $100 for the sheet cakes we had to buy and a cupcake in each of what was suppose to be our cake flavors for my dh and I to eat together.  When my MIL got there to pick it all up she had made us 4 red velvet cupcakes, 4 lemon poppyseed cupcakes and a small cake for us to either eat or freeze.  So she did what she should have done and now it's over with.  O well, at least we get to sit at home and enjoy the cake haha. 

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Congrats! That is cute about the cartoons. Sorry about the cake. So what did she say when you called her? I had EVERYTHING go wrong with my wedding,but it isn't the wedding that matters, it is the people you are with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN