Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

credict fraud........ :(

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

yesterday I was online xmas shopping and my card was declined.... weird.  checked bank account, it's fine.., called them and wow my bank is good.... they stopped my card for a $4.33 fraudulent charge! like, I bought something online and within the hour someone tried to use it (not likely related).  I'm still really sick, but I need my bank card! so mom had to drive me to the bank to get a new card today.  but sheesh, that was annoying, the good news is there are no other fraudulent charges and now I have a new #. 

Have you ever had anythjng like that??

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Never happened to me before but that is scary and good you got it resolved so quickly.  I know if I make a bunch of large amount charges on my card they will call me and ask is the activity me lol.

wonderstruck11
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Yeah, happened to me a few years ago. It was $200 and dropped me in the negatives. Luckily I got paid the next day, but I didn't get the money refunded for another month. I had to pay my rent late, which put added charges on it.
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Yes,sadly, it has happened to me a few times. It is really frustrating and then you start wondering where and when it happened.  That's what they do. Make some small purcahse to test the card, then make a big purchase. Glad you caught it early!

mhaney03
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Yeah, my then-husband's card numbers were stolen while he was in Iraq and used for thousands in New York.

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Never happened to us! Thank goodness your bank caught it!!
jenniferlee_12
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Oh wow. I heard of people at certain places not being able to use a card twice in the same day at the same place.
jenniferlee_12
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM

There have been two people in the last week that I know who have had people steal their cc info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)