Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help!

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

This pic is from last year when my hair was super short. It is now up to my collar bone. But my hair is very thick and unruly! I am mixed, and when I put my hair in a pony tail, it looks ugly bc I have an afro poof instead of a tail,lol. Also, no matter how much gel,spray,mousse I put, the little hairs in the front will Not stay down!

I also have eczema on my scalp, so I dont use any dye/relaxers/texurizers on my hair or any heat at all bc of my skin condition, my scalp is too sensitive.

I was thinking about cutting it again like in the picture, but I kind of dont want to in a way bc I feel I look younger with my hair long and at my age, Im 33, I'm not getting any younger, so I need all the help I can get,lol!

should I cut like in the pic?

or should I keep it long and braided instead?

any advice is greatly appreciated!
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderstruck11
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Can we see a pic of you with long hair?
bxmom2580
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting wonderstruck11:

Can we see a pic of you with long hair?

its too scary! But I will take a pic and put it in the reply too compare
bxmom2580
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Mobile Photo

Sorry, pic quality kinda sucks
bxmom2580
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Mobile Photo

bxmom2580
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM
This kinda shows a bit of the texture of my hair here

Quoting bxmom2580:

Mobile Photo

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I think you look beautiful either way. I think the question you need to ask is which makes me feel more comfortable. I can't help but notice that you're smiling in the pic with your hair short.
bxmom2580
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Thank you! I am currently having dental issues, thats why I'm not really smiling. I honestly dont know how to fix my hair other than a pony tail, and that ends up being an afro puff :/

I think I look better in the short hair pic, but I really wanted to grow it out long. Idk what to do

Quoting twinners.mama:

I think you look beautiful either way. I think the question you need to ask is which makes me feel more comfortable. I can't help but notice that you're smiling in the pic with your hair short.
jenniferlee_12
by Jenn on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it looks great both ways , but think your face is really pretty and it is shown more with it short.
Hadadat
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Have you tried Shea Moisture? You can find it at Walgreens or Target. I have naturally curly hair that is wirey and frizzy and some of their curly products really help. And it's natural so it might be gentle enough on your scalp. I was thinking some of their curling products might help tame it a bit then you can keep it long.

just.me.
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM

You need to go look at Carol's Daughter website pronto.  TONS of products that will suit you, including scalp oils to help you NOT use relaxers, etc but still have soft, shiny curls no matter your texture.  I LOVE their products.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)