Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

blackened nails

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:19 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mani Monday: Fall 2013 Blackened Nail Polish Shades + a Side of Holiday Hues

by Karen Falcon on 16 September 2013 · 12 comments

Pixi Deepest Dahlia WM 2Blackened is the new black in nail colour for Fall 2013. Inky shades of burgundy, purple, plus matte black + glitter, and a cool top-coat change-up — this is the season to indulge to your dark side. Here are some of our favourite blackened nail polish shades plus a side of holiday hues for your black list.

Revlon 245 Seductive WMRevlon’s nailed it. Ha! See what I did there? Nailed? Get it? Okay, I’ll stop. Revlon Seductive 245 ($5.99, drugstores at the end of October) is the most incredible deep dark inky purple. (In blackened nail polish world, purple, plum or eggplant are can’t-go-wrongs.)

Pixi Deepest Dahlia WMPixi Deepest Dahlia ($8, target.ca for stores) is a little more plum than something you might have seen rather recently, but equally as stunning. You only need one or the other. Note: Pixi is one of the most pungent nail polishes my nose has met. What’s that about?

MAC Gadabout Girl WMMAC Gadabout Girl Nail Lacquer (MAC Holiday 2013, $19, maccosmetics.com) is a re-fire hitting counters next month, but look at it! In two coats, it’s a seriously dramatic blackened burgundy. Or maybe blackened burgundy.

Guerlain Sulfurous 861 WMGuerlain Sulfurous 861 (Guerlain holiday collection available in November, $25) Seriously, if someone made me a gift of this polish I’d probably weep with joy. This colour makes me emotional and I have no idea why. Maybe this is what love feels like? Oh – my index and middle nails are top-coated and the other two are not. Why? Well…

Guerlain Le Top Coat UV WMGuerlain Ultra Violet Top Coat (Guerlain holiday collection available in November, $25) is what I used to topcoat my first two fingernails in the Guerlain Sulfurous polish photo up there. It noticeably brightens the polish underneath, doesn’t it? To a kind of blackened violet? I love that – s’like magic! And wait, there’s more… it glows under UV light. (Yeah, I stuck it in my gel lamp to see if it does glow and it really does glow). I’m not quite sure why that’s a selling point but it is. I’d buy it just for the brightening power.

Urban Decay Vice WMUrban Decay Vice ($18, select Shoppers Drug Marts and sephora.ca) I know you just looked at this picture and said “Where can I get it??”  And you should get it; Urban Decay does good polish. It’s great. J’adore.

Pixi Charcoal Celebration WMPixi Charcoal Celebration ($8, target.ca for stores) is blackened grey, I’ve decided. Charcoal grey, to be specific, with a slight shimmer. I love this more than I love Essie’s Cashmere Bathrobe. Yep, more. Less jelly-like and more shine = more bang for your polish buck. Go, Pixi!

Revlon Elusive 736 Big WMRevlon Elusive 736 ($5.99, drugstores at the end of October) Told ya Revlon’s nailed it this season. About this matte black with glitter, I don’t have words. Oh, wait, I do. Gimmie that. Gimmie that. Gimmie that. Prepare yourself for compliments. Lots and lots of compliments. A winner (gagnant!) with or without top coat.

Are you with me on these blackened beauties?

Manicures ’n photos by Karen Falcon (she has Hello Kitty eye liners), © 2013 imabeautygeek.com.

Read more: http://imabeautygeek.com/2013/09/16/blackened-nail-polish-shades-and-holiday-2013/#ixzz2icqKhqBQ
Follow us: @BEAUTYGEEKS on Twitter | BEAUTYGEEKS on Facebook

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:13 AM

ooooooh i really love these

eChard
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Love them all!
my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
The guerlain is pretty the UD reminds me of OPI my private get or first class ticket I can't remember. I just wore it last week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I love all of them. :)

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Beautiful I may have to pick up the one from relvon.

Apr1l
by Katie on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
That topcoat looks interesting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Holly.
by Holly on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:35 PM

So pretty!

Hadadat
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Love love love!

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM
They're all pretty but I really like the Revlon one.
just.me.
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM

this is so gorgeous, and I am so obsessed with Guerlain, I got both

oats, it’s a seriously dramatic blackened burgundy. Or maybe blackened burgundy.

Guerlain Sulfurous 861 WMGuerlain Sulfurous 861 (Guerlain holiday collection available in November, $25) Seriously, if someone made me a gift of this polish I’d probably weep with joy. This colour makes me emotional and I have no idea why. Maybe this is what love feels like? Oh – my index and middle nails are top-coated and the other two are not. Why? Well…

Guerlain Le Top Coat UV WMGuerlain Ultra Violet Top Coat (Guerlain holiday collection available in November, $25) is what I used to topcoat my first two fingernails in the Guerlain Sulfurous polish photo up there. It noticeably brightens the polish underneath, doesn’t it? To a kind of blackened violet? I love that – s’like magic! And wait, there’s more… it glows under UV light. (Yeah, I stuck it in my gel lamp to see if it does glow and it really does glow). I’m not quite sure why that’s a selling point but it is. I’d buy it just for the brightening power.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)