Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my how to survive being horrrribly sick and still look not-quite-dead ;)

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

I actually have chronic illness, so I do this a lot.... but these products can make you feel a lot better and make stuff like having a shower, taking car of your hair and skin even when you're horrrribly sick do-able. I'm just recovering from mono and some horrible other virus that has kept me bed-ridden and sleeping 15+ hours a day for 3 weeks, a trip to urgent care, the ER and 2 DRs. :(

#1.  a shower stool.  These are handy period.  You can shave every inch of your body if you want w/o a nick if you're safely seated on a shower stool!But you can also sit there when you're too sick to stand in the shower for 10 minutes or too weak to climb in/out of a tub!

#2) shower oil.... it cleans and REALLY moisturizes (great for shaving too) so you can get out, dry off and get dressed and back to bed.  I like L'Occitane almond

#3) co-washing.... it helps untangle BAD bed head, it's faster than lather, rinse, repeat, condition and helps prevent more bedhead tangles.  I like carol's daughter co-wash

#4) hair milk, also from Carol's Daughter adds moisture, de-tangles and again, prevents serious rat's nest (obviously my hair will tangle easy... especially after 3 weeks in bed and wearing a HAT to stay warm because of a fever)... yes... it can leave hair looking oily, but that's better than a lot of bad tangles!I use the LIGHT kind, and smaller than a dime sie for middle of my back length hair

#5) facial oil..... it's fast and can be used on face, eyes, neck, chest  (you could put his in your hair instead of milk too) and you're done(also great ifyou have a raw nose from blowing it)... with energy to brush your teeth! (oh... and to wash my face, I use Korres wild rose wash/scrub.... exfoliates gently)  I like Tarte Maracuja or argan oil andif you have any energy.... oil up your whole body

#6) toothbrush sanitizer  my SonicCare has one, but you can get one from Violight. kills yucky germs that can keep you sick!

ALSO... make your partner rub your feet and paint your toes. :)

and that's how I'm not quite ready for The Walking Dead! :) I look like I don;t feel good, but my hair and skin are not a total wreck and I smell pretty nice. :)  I use perfume to feel better too.  I can do that in bed. :D

Almond Shower Oil

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Good tips! I want to try out shower oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I really want that LOccitane almond oil.  What does co-wasahing mean? Get yourself some magazines some warm socks and relax in bed! 

just.me.
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I really want that LOccitane almond oil.  What does co-wasahing mean? Get yourself some magazines some warm socks and relax in bed! 

I've got kindle, aloe socks and I have been in bed for 3 f'ing weeks now!!!!!!

cowashing is using a good conditioner.... it's what that Wen guy claims to have "invented"  with his yucky products, but women with curls have done it for decades. :) it's fine for straight hair too.  will your hair SQUEAK it's sooooo clean? no.  bt it will be smooth and soft.

just.me.
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM

that shower oil is the best stuff EVER for shaving. :)

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You talk about the Carol's daughter stuff so much I put some on my Xmas list for hubby ;) lol
blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Sorry you are still feeling so crappy :'(
just.me.
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Quoting twinners.mama:

You talk about the Carol's daughter stuff so much I put some on my Xmas list for hubby ;) lol

I hope it's all the Monoi stuff!!

Apr1l
by Katie on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM

maaan its rough being sick for awhile I can imagine, bc I've been ill and bed ridden for 3 or 4 days with a nasty virus once.  I hope you recover soon!

kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Great tipe, thanks.

I hope you get better soon!

DirtyHippyMama
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Thanks for the tips 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)