Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

What's a brand for eyeshadow

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 36 Replies
The ones I bought are cheap. The colors don't show on me well and they easily wipe off. What's a good brand of shadows?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eChard
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I love MAC... I recently bought Urban Decay and I am really happy with them.
iwanabemomie
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I'm going to look into those as well.

Quoting eChard:

I love MAC... I recently bought Urban Decay and I am really happy with them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM

UD is great for shadows- the "naked" palettes are a good place to start exploring the brand. Stila also has some great shadows and a few versions of neutral palettes like "in the light" and "in the know". Nyx is a good cheaper brand that has good pigmentation too, but get the single shadows over the palettes. Also invest in a good eye primer!

Apr1l
by Katie on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM

smashbox and too faced.   Cheaper brand, WnW is good I think its called "Nutty" really nice.

iwanabemomie
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I'm going to look into those. What kind of primer are you using?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

UD is great for shadows- the "naked" palettes are a good place to start exploring the brand. Stila also has some great shadows and a few versions of neutral palettes like "in the light" and "in the know". Nyx is a good cheaper brand that has good pigmentation too, but get the single shadows over the palettes. Also invest in a good eye primer!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hadadat
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Drugstore: Milani and NYX are good. high brands: Too Faced, Urban Decay. BH Cosmetics are good too.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I have used Urban Decays Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. UD is slightly better....but right now I am using the primer pot from Nyx (white) It's really great - and cheap! The white colour is good for making colours particularly vibrant. I actually use UDPP first to control my oily eyelids and then use Nyx's primer pot on top. 

Quoting iwanabemomie:

I'm going to look into those. What kind of primer are you using?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Whats your budget?

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Nyx for drugstore, or Sonia kashuk at target...I also like some cover girl shadows.

Otherwise I love MAC, urban decay, and Lorac
ae86mommy
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I LOVE urban decay shadows. And for primers/bases, I use maybelline color tattoos. They do not crease on me at all and they're super affordable. I also love the NYX white base that jellybean mentioned :) but it's just a base, not a primer so it will crease.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)