Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Does anybody else ever feel like they cant find someone to do their hair how you want it????

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 15 Replies

I have been to several hairdressers over the years. I stay with them for a while and finally get fed up with not having my hair the way I want it. I was going to my last one for over 5 years and she did a number on my hair back in June ( had orange streaks) and had to redo it twice to fix it and now it is real damaged and have had alot of breakage. Well she did it 8 weeks ago and it looked decent. Well she had back surgery and is out so I tried someone new (and they are suppose to be so awesome at hair) and of course it isnt how I wanted it AGAIN!!!!! Does this happen to anybody else or is it just my hair? She was confident in putting the low lights and high lights and to me it looks just all streaked up! Why cant we just be natural and leave our hair alone???????

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Yes I usually am disappointed or worse at the salon. I almost never get my hair dyed because they usually mess it up a lot. I thought maybe it was cause I'm blonde and it's hard to dye blonde right.

Plus the haircuts they never seem to get right either. Sigh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XnikoX
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Ive never had issues like this. But then again im very particular about who touches my hair. Back in washington I went to a friend of my moms for years. When I moved to colorado it took me about a yr to find a place. I went on yelp and looked at reviews. Finally found a place. Loved it from the moment I stepped foot in the place. First time I like the color and cut the girl I saw did. Then I had someone different the second time. I loved her so much ive stuck with her. =)
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I did feel that way for a long time...but not since I found my stylist now. Been with him for almost 2 years and I will never switch!

blondiemomof2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Not just you. I finally stopped someone I didnt know at a few years ago who had the exact hair I wanted and asked her where she got it done. I drive 2 hours there and back to get it done but its soooo worth it.

jenniferlee_12
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Most people do what they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I never chose my hairstyle but let the stylist do it. I give me my criterions, though: length, easy to manage at home, should look decent if I do basic blow drying, etc. I will usually come dressed up and made up to what I typically would look like when seeing important clients, show photos of what I look like dressed down and when I go out, and I'll explain my lifestyle. It usually take a couple of time for them to really get me, my hair and my style.

I do start with a recommendation from people whose hairstyle I like and whom I know have the same standard and approach as I do - when I moved away 11 years ago, I'd get my hair cut whenever I would fly out see my best friend as I settled in my new place. In the past 11 years I have not had a miss even though I've moved 4 times.

twnkedee
by Tia on Nov. 13, 2013 at 4:27 AM

I have been lucky to find stylists that seem to listen well and adapt to what I am saying I like. I moved 2 years ago and went in blind to a salon that was recommeded by my colorist back home, I ended up with the owner/stylist and wow she is awesome! Best one I have had so far! Keep looking you'll find the "one". There are good stylists out there they are just few and far between.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Oh yes, I hate trying to find a new hair person.  I love, love, love the girl I go to now, but she's on the other side of town since I moved and it's just too far to drive over there very often.  But, I do it because I dread the thought of trying to find someone else on my side of town and because this girl just KNOWS somehow what I want, what is going to look good, etc.  I can tell her to have fun and do whatever she wants with my hair and I always come out loving it.  

POPLife
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM

all the time, noone here understands what i want

just.me.
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I think we all gi through it,,, takes a few trues sometimes to get a stylist and colorist who know what to do.  The woman I was seeing suddenly quit and I don't know where she went.  So I'm bck to square 1.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN