Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to The Beauty & Style Lounge! Let's get to know one another, introduce yourself here!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 39 Replies

wave  Welcome to The Beauty & Style Lounge!

This is a great place to talk about your beauty secrets, ask questions and get great advice to help you look, and feel, your best!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What's on your mind today?
  2. What make-up brand do you use the most?
  3. What is one of your most loved beauty secrets?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

mirror  Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm Amy.  I live in Colorado with my 16 year old daughter and my youngest son (12).  My oldest is all grown up and living on his own these days.  I also have 2 dogs and 1 cat and am a single mom.  I also love, love, love getting pedicures and wish I could get one every week!

If you have any questions about this group, please feel free to contact me at any time by clicking on my user name above.  

happy new year  Amy

sam.mkbc
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey Ladies!

Im Samantha and I live in San Mateo, CA. I just started my own Mary Kay business and I am soo excited to share it with anyone who is interested in learning about it!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 11, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Hi Samantha!  Congrats on starting your own business.  I don't care for Mary Kay products personally, and my daughter (16) is allergic to some of the products, but I know a lot of other people who love them.

Quoting sam.mkbc:

Hey Ladies!

Im Samantha and I live in San Mateo, CA. I just started my own Mary Kay business and I am soo excited to share it with anyone who is interested in learning about it!

sam.mkbc
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:26 PM

That's too bad that you had a bad experience withy them. Do you live locally? I would love to talk with you and your friends and set up a free facial session

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Well, I don't know where you are, but I'm in Colorado.

I've had a few of the free facial sessions, not really interested.

Quoting sam.mkbc:

That's too bad that you had a bad experience withy them. Do you live locally? I would love to talk with you and your friends and set up a free facial session

sam.mkbc
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I'm in California. Thanks for the reply though

LesleyRBrown
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey, I'm Lesley and I am a SAHM of 3 from Mississippi. I love shopping for myself and my two girls. I'm raising them both to be fashionistas. I rarely let others  help me pick out clothes for myself because sometimes they think that since I am a big girl I should wear loose fitting clothes so no help needed. I wear a light foundation almost everyday and only use eyeshadow and liners when I need to dress up but I never leave the house without my mascara. I'm so excited we finally have a sephora down her on the coast. Can't wait to get to know all you other girls that love being beautiful and shopping too.

HannahC
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi ladies! I'm Hannah, and I live in Kansas. I am a stay at home mom with 3 kiddos. I am really into Urban Decay right now.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Hi Lesley, I love shopping too!

Quoting LesleyRBrown:

Hey, I'm Lesley and I am a SAHM of 3 from Mississippi. I love shopping for myself and my two girls. I'm raising them both to be fashionistas. I rarely let others  help me pick out clothes for myself because sometimes they think that since I am a big girl I should wear loose fitting clothes so no help needed. I wear a light foundation almost everyday and only use eyeshadow and liners when I need to dress up but I never leave the house without my mascara. I'm so excited we finally have a sephora down her on the coast. Can't wait to get to know all you other girls that love being beautiful and shopping too.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Hi Hannah.  Have you always lived in Kansas?

Quoting HannahC: Hi ladies! I'm Hannah, and I live in Kansas. I am a stay at home mom with 3 kiddos. I am really into Urban Decay right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)