Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Ladies I have a problem and i need advice...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM
  • 24 Replies

Ok so i just want to be suggested best product to cure my dry, chapped lips it's crazy the chapstick doesn't seem to work so i need to get a different kind and i don't know which is better anybody have suggestions? Winter Problems.

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AromaDrops33
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:43 PM
The reason why a lot of times chapsticks don't seem to work is because there is dead skin on your lips. Just like the rest of our skin, your lips need to be exfoliated to get rid of the dead skin. I sell a natural lip Exfoliant that works wonders, then I pair it up with the cherry lip Shea butter that we make :)
bxmom2580
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Blistex medex I think its called. Comes in a small blue pot
my4boys2002
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Exfoliating helps my lips tons I love the elf exfoliating stick. I use Nivia lip butter during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ricanmami88
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Thanks Ladies! and yea i agree with the dead skin my lips feel rough -_-

jlg12678
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I use Smith's rosebud salve. It's maybe $5 or $10 at Sephora and will last a full year. That and coconut oil.

eChard
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I use Carmex in a pot before going to bed. Run off the dead skin on the morning. Make sure you are staying hydrated enough!!
Ricanmami88
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM

How do i run off the dead skin that's the main thing that prevents the healing of my lips

Quoting eChard: I use Carmex in a pot before going to bed. Run off the dead skin on the morning. Make sure you are staying hydrated enough!!

eChard
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Just what comes off easily. You don't want to rub hard and peel anything that will make them bleed. They will get better in a day or two

Quoting Ricanmami88:

How do i run off the dead skin that's the main thing that prevents the healing of my lips

Quoting eChard: I use Carmex in a pot before going to bed. Run off the dead skin on the morning. Make sure you are staying hydrated enough!!

XnikoX
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM
I agree. Exfoliate your lips. You can mix coconut oil and sugar together for a natural exfoliant.

Quoting Ricanmami88:

Ricanmami88
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Thanks for the tip :-)

Quoting XnikoX: I agree. Exfoliate your lips. You can mix coconut oil and sugar together for a natural exfoliant.

Quoting Ricanmami88:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)