Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bleaching hair

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:33 PM
  • 10 Replies
Regardless if its virgin or not, If you have naturalblack or brown thin/fine hair, DO NOT BLEACH your hair. Your hair cannot manage the damage of bleach. You will regret it if you do bleach your dark thin/fine hair regardless if you did it yourself or a pro did it. Fine/thin hair is not made to be bleached and go blonde.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chic-wildflower
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I honestly have to say that I am generally afraid of bleach....yeah, call me an idiot......but I'm afraid of the stuff in my kitchen!

Mrs.LeftBrainer
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Being afraid of bleach and stuff in your kitchen doesn't make you an idiot....thats very good that you stay away from bleach.
Apr1l
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

my good friend does it every several months, and dyes it platinum.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I bleached my hair many many times last year professionally. Giving my hair a rest for now and gone back to brown....but I'm sure I will bleach it again once the urge hits lol. It does damage hair a lot though. I use all kinds of oils and special conditionersno w.... Plus I don't wash my hair ever day.

kika.fleur
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:10 AM

There's bleach and there's bleach, and who does it. If you must absolutely do it, then have it done professionally.

deltathree
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:29 PM

I agree w/ pp - do it prof.

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummm... Ok... I don't agree with you at all! I have thin hair and guess what it's platinum blonde.. I get it done every 4 weeks and I still have all my hair.. Are you a hairstylist? I didn't think so.. I use bleach daily on clients and have never had a problem.. You just need to know what you are doing and what volume developer to use, sounds like you had someone who didn't know what they were doing.. lol

funmommy123
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM
My natural hair color is black & I have fine hair. I started coloring it about 2yrs ago. I've had blonde highlights, then my all my hair was bleached blonde, so I could dye it a pretty purple. Went to thw salon alnost 3 months ago & had the purple taken out & the blonde highlights in. Ppl are always shocked at how good my hair srill feels with all I have done to it. I get my hair colored every 3 months, so I'm due e back in a few weeks :).
4EverYung
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

i am going to ombre my hair blonde again this summer

jlg12678
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I think it depends on who is bleaching your hair.

My husband was a dumbass who did it himself in his early 20's...(before me or I would have said HELL no to that) and ended up losing hair permanently in the areas he bleached.

I have friends who go to the salon to have it done and well it does dry out your hair it looks nice and they haven't had hair loss issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)