Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

In love!!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

Picked this up last week, and still haven't got around to using it. Waiting for the perfect occassion!! lol. I've heard great things about it though, and it has amazing coverage! I've tried a sample.

If you have this foundation, or you do use this what's your favourite things about it? What didn't you like?

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommeisQueen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't tried the foundation but the concealer is nice.
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jan. 26, 2014 at 11:12 PM

I am a huge fan of this foundation! It's got crazy full coverage! Kat recently released a few new shades and one matches me perfectly....before I was mixing two shades. I would caution people that are not used to full coverage foundations before using this though...it's pretty serious stuff....I was shocked at how much it covered when I first tried it. You need to use a light hand and a primer and work fast with it...I find it dries on the skin pretty quick. . Without a primer too it can settle very easily into pores and fine lines...especially if you  use a lot of it!......alsoI tend to only use it in summer because I do find it a bit drying in winter. Glad you like it OP. I notice with this foundation people either looooove it or hate it!

purplepink1992
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I was so extremely impressed with the coverage! To be honest I found it reminded me of paint though because of the thick consistancy and the smell. I don't know how I'm going to apply it yet though, probably will try a stippling brush. What's your favourite way??  I found that the shade the Sephora girl had me matched to looked WAY too light for some reason. She tried another and I ended up buying light 49 I think it's the darkest that the 'light' shades go. I agree though, I'd probably be better off if I could mix two.

I also usually put mac studio fix over my foundation, and I don't think I'm going to have to do that with this one! 

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I am a huge fan of this foundation! It's got crazy full coverage! Kat recently released a few new shades and one matches me perfectly....before I was mixing two shades. I would caution people that are not used to full coverage foundations before using this though...it's pretty serious stuff....I was shocked at how much it covered when I first tried it. You need to use a light hand and a primer and work fast with it...I find it dries on the skin pretty quick. . Without a primer too it can settle very easily into pores and fine lines...especially if you  use a lot of it!......alsoI tend to only use it in summer because I do find it a bit drying in winter. Glad you like it OP. I notice with this foundation people either looooove it or hate it!

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Jan. 26, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I have a small angled kabuki brush I use to blend. I work in sections of the face, so I don't miss anything. I put a few light dots oft he foudation with my fingers on my face and then blend it out. Stippling could work, but you would have to still buff it out, no? Otherwise you would be stippling forver lol!

Quoting purplepink1992:

I was so extremely impressed with the coverage! To be honest I found it reminded me of paint though because of the thick consistancy and the smell. I don't know how I'm going to apply it yet though, probably will try a stippling brush. What's your favourite way??  I found that the shade the Sephora girl had me matched to looked WAY too light for some reason. She tried another and I ended up buying light 49 I think it's the darkest that the 'light' shades go. I agree though, I'd probably be better off if I could mix two.

I also usually put mac studio fix over my foundation, and I don't think I'm going to have to do that with this one! 

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)