Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Ugh I'm almost 30 why am I broken out like a teen?!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:51 PM
  • 23 Replies

Mobile Photo

It's not pretty but HELP!!! I'm having a big 3-0 bash in a few months and I want clear skin.
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I wish I could help. I have terrible acne. The only thing that seems to keep it in check even a moderate amount is a VERY strict routine of exfoliating, washing, toning, spot treatments, and moisturizing plus a mint mask nightly. Most of the time, acne is hormonal, so a good diet is also necessary.

AnnaJiang
by Anna on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Acne is  a yeast infection.  More protein in diet (40% recommended) , limiting flour,wheat products will help. If possible, add some antioxidants(OPC-3,Vitamine B complex,isochrome,probiotics)--these are the things I gave to my dd. Plus daily clean.

girlie2
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I wish I could help. I have terrible acne. The only thing that seems to keep it in check even a moderate amount is a VERY strict routine of exfoliating, washing, toning, spot treatments, and moisturizing plus a mint mask nightly. Most of the time, acne is hormonal, so a good diet is also necessary.

I am doing those things which is why my face is red 

jfd397
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:04 AM
It can be caused my stressed or hormones. I suggest a honey mask. Honey helps fight bacteria.
RozJS
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I use Rodan + Fields UNBLEMISH. It's the only thing to ever clear my skin and I'm 34. Lmk if you want more info. Rozjs@aol.com I have before and after pics too

Quoting girlie2:

Mobile Photo

It's not pretty but HELP!!! I'm having a big 3-0 bash in a few months and I want clear skin.
RozJS
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I use Rodan + Fields UNBLEMISH. It's the only thing to ever clear my skin and I'm 34. Lmk if you want more info. Rozjs@aol.com I have before and after pics too

Quoting rockinmomto2:

AromaDrops33
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I sell natural skin care products including acne products. These are AMAZING. We have Acne treatment gel, acne treatment moisturizer that has natural Willow bark extract. We also have oatmeal milk & honey complexion bars
kika.fleur
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Acne is for all ages. I had breakout in my 40, due to changing hormones. It's clear right now since I've been using a AHA lotion on a daily basis, a stronger dose on a weekly basis and a retinol serum at night.

Country_Momma89
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I moved from Dallas to Colorado Springs and my skin through a shit fit because of the change in humidity. I started using the Neutrogena facial bar for acne prone skin followed by Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer in the morning and the bar followed by Mary Kays night solution at night. My skin is finally starting to clear up. Unfortunately not all acne breakouts are the same so you'll have to try a few different combos and products before finding the one for you.

Gemini1987
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Retin-A! It causes a huge break out at first though and takes 12 weeks to be effective...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)