Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Product suggestion for curly hair?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:57 PM
  • 13 Replies

My hair is medium length and is natural wavy/curly! It use to curl good but since I has my children it just doesn't do good anymore. I feel like I have tried everything to mKe it look good. I have even bought expensive salon products! It usually looks decent at first but after a while it gets dried out looking and bushy and I look like something from a 80's hair band! Lol! Suggestions?

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:26 PM

My hair stylist uses something, but I never can remember what it's called.  

Tropicalgodess
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Post a pic of your hair is it dry frizzy what type of curls?
FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 6:03 PM

use a good curl cream, no gel or mouse

Apr1l
by Katie on Jan. 29, 2014 at 6:55 PM

biosilk serum

digdug
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Hi! sounds like we have similar hair. Im a stylist and I love kenra products. I use their daily provision first. Its a spray in conditioner. Then I use their curl creme to flip my head and scrunch in. sometimes I finish with their silkening mist. Im a kenra junkie! The three together are a super combo. They should cost about $45 total.
AromaDrops33
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:41 PM
I recommend Jordan Essentials hair mask. Its just for thick or curly hair and helps moisterize with natural ingredients. It makes hair stronger, feels silky, gets rid of frizz
bxmom2580
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:17 AM
I have the same issue with my hair. I just keep it super short.
Babybear89
by Gracey on Jan. 30, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Curvaceous by redken
lebeautydiaries
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:50 AM

Honestly, it might be the way you're styling your hair instead of the products. I've used so many different products and a lot of the time, I'll obtain the same results. It's not until I changed my styling routine when I started loving my curls.

A diffuser saved my life. My hair is about to my shoulders, and very thick. The top, cown section, is curly. However, around my bangs and underneath doesn't naturally curl at all. It's weird. I like to scrunch my hair, wet, with a towel. I mix various products and scrunch my hair all over again and again. I then diffuse with a blowdryer. Lastly, I take my straigtener and curl pieces/sections that didn't curl how I would like. All of this takes me about 20 minutes or so.

I'll even touch up my dry curls throughout the day with mousse. I'll scrunch sections that had fallen throughout the day.

JodyLane555
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:18 AM
wow sounds like my hair too. i usually straighten it but really want to embrace my curls. straightening is just frying it and i dont really like it flat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)