Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Grease Ball!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was blessed with oily skin and oily hair. The oily skin makes the hair around my face get oily quick. The roots seem to get oily only 6 hours after showering. I stopped conditioning the top of my head and stick to the roots (which has helped a lot) and I use dry shampoo daily. All the shampoos they advertise are for dry, coarse, damaged hair. They are completely forgetting the oily hair nitch!

I love wearing my hair down but halfway through the workday it looks like I need to shower again. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to prevent your hair from being so oily?

HELP PLEASE!!! :)

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
twinners.mama
by Kayla on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Do you wash your hair everyday? Sometimes washing everyday can stimulate oil production so, washing your hair less can sometimes make it less oily. Try not washing it over a weekend when you don't have a lot going on. Wash it every other day or every two days. That's the only think I can think of
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:34 AM
I hear the lush shampoo bars are amazing for people with an oily scalp. And their i think it's called big shampoo. It's sea salt. Kinda pricey but it supposedly lasts darn near forever :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XnikoX
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I hear that a lot too. Then again i hear a lot of wonderfully good things about most things Lush. 

OP... what shampoo and conditioner do you use? Only asking because if you use a brand that has sulfates in it that can strip your hairs natural oils.. which basically makes your scalp go into "oil overdrive". And it just ends up over compensating and making your hair more oilier. 

You could try the "no poo" thing I hear a lot about. I haven't tried it so I can't say much about it. Or just try something that's sulfate free if you haven't yet. 

Quoting ae86mommy: I hear the lush shampoo bars are amazing for people with an oily scalp. And their i think it's called big shampoo. It's sea salt. Kinda pricey but it supposedly lasts darn near forever :)

Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Dry shampoo! Also do you moisturize.
Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Sulfate free shampoo strips your hair of moisture

Quoting XnikoX:

I hear that a lot too. Then again i hear a lot of wonderfully good things about most things Lush. 

OP... what shampoo and conditioner do you use? Only asking because if you use a brand that has sulfates in it that can strip your hairs natural oils.. which basically makes your scalp go into "oil overdrive". And it just ends up over compensating and making your hair more oilier. 

You could try the "no poo" thing I hear a lot about. I haven't tried it so I can't say much about it. Or just try something that's sulfate free if you haven't yet. 

Quoting ae86mommy: I hear the lush shampoo bars are amazing for people with an oily scalp. And their i think it's called big shampoo. It's sea salt. Kinda pricey but it supposedly lasts darn near forever :)

Rainbow_Mom14
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Bump, I am no help in this department

bloodytears1986
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I have naturally oily hair. I use cleansing shampoos like biolage normalizing shampoo. It gets the grease and elements out of your hair. I also do like you and just condition the ends of my hair and not the scalp. I only wash my hair every other day too, not everyday! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)