Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Holy moisturizing miracle!!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM
  • 15 Replies

So I had to venture over to Verizon to talk to them about some issues with my phone today. And would you believe it that Verizon is conveniently situated between two of my favorite places. Ulta and Sephora. lol.

So I ventured to Sephora on a mission for the Naked 3 palette. They didn't have it. So I called Ulta to see if they had it. They did. So I went over there and picked it up straight away. While I was there checked out the Nyx lip butter glosses I hear SO much about. Picked up a couple in the shades Creme Brulee and Apple Strudel (which my husband picked out lol). And a couple of Nyx eyeshadow bases (in white and white pearl..the skin tone looked too yellow for me). And also the Maybelline age rewind.

Went and had lunch (husband was starving and complaining lol). Then I decided to break down and buy the beauty blender. Picked that up and the cleaner (since I can also use it on my brushes. Score!). I got to browsing (dangerous thing for me). 

(I swear Im getting to the MAIN point of my post LOL)

I almost picked up the Nars concealer BUT by my better judgement I didnt since Id just picked up the age rewind. 

I kept walking around in circles... and EVERY time I walked by the Josie Maran argan oil I would stop, pick up the bottle, sigh... then put it back. I wanted very badly to pick it up but at an almost 50 dollar price tag I didnt want to chance that I wouldnt like it. Because we all know that JUST because people rave about a product doesn't mean it'll work for you or that you'll like it. 

My husband snuck it in the basket since he was carrying it... Didn't notice till I went to pay and had found the small bottle. Told him that I loved that he did that but I found a more sample size for a price I wouldnt feel nearly as terrible for if I hated it. 

Also picked up a Korres lip butter in Jasmine (so far LOVE). And I got a little bottle of Dolce & Gabbana as a point reward (Yay for free perfume!). And the sales woman threw in a sample of Elizabeth and James (by mary kate and ashley olsen) and I have to say OMG... new favorite scent. I can't stop smelling the card board thing it came in (the bottle fell out and I lost it). 

UGH.. anyway... sorry.

Came home, took make up off. Used my clarisonic. Then rubbed some of the Josie Maran Argan oil on.. 

I'm SOLD. Ive always had a hard time with moisturizers and what not for my face because they feel heavy and just ick while theyre "soaking in". I hate the feeling. This stuff is amazing. Tho I know most of you already know that. 

Anyway... I think that's enough rambling for the night. Hopefully my long winded post didnt annoy anyone. LOL 

by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Mm yes. I've been laying off mine lately because my skin is having a little freak out with this pregnancy. But today it's dry. I'll put some on before bed :) I'm glad you tried it! I loooove the NYX butter glosses. I'm dying to try some butter lipsticks. And the Nars narsissist? Eyeshadow palette. I asked for that for valentines day :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:35 AM
I haven't tried the argan, but I had some major dry skin issues a few months back. Never dealt with it before and nothing was working. Tried olive oil one night, perfection. It worked like a charm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XnikoX
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:39 AM

I'm vey glad I did too. I've always been afraid to try it because I guess I just associate oil with and oily broken out face. But so many people (on here and on youtube) rave about it. And I've been having horribly dry "winter skin" lately. I will admitt I got the "light" oil. 

How long does a normal sized bottle last you?

And yes, Im loving the glosses. Not a lipstick person for some reason. But stains, balms, glosses.. I'm all over. lol.. 

Dont think Ive seen that palette. I have 2 other palettes on my wishlist.. the Urban Decay Vice 2 (which is no longer sold at ulta and sephora, online anyway. Didnt check in store) and the Lorac Pro Palette. 

P.S. pregnancy skin SUCKS! Never had many issues with my face but my chest area would ALWAYS break out. 

Quoting ae86mommy: Mm yes. I've been laying off mine lately because my skin is having a little freak out with this pregnancy. But today it's dry. I'll put some on before bed :) I'm glad you tried it! I loooove the NYX butter glosses. I'm dying to try some butter lipsticks. And the Nars narsissist? Eyeshadow palette. I asked for that for valentines day :)

XnikoX
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Never tried olive oil. But I had tried coconut oil. But for me it just felt too... oily. Which is kind of silly since it IS an oil. lol! 

Had been using the philosophy hope in a jar moisturizer.. the texture feels funny to me. And my face feels kind of tacky or sticky while it soaks in. Same with my boots no. 7 moisturizer which the last time I used one from their line I loved it but this one not so much. 

Quoting ColieO: I haven't tried the argan, but I had some major dry skin issues a few months back. Never dealt with it before and nothing was working. Tried olive oil one night, perfection. It worked like a charm.

funmommy123
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Did you just rub olive oil all over your face? Is it for moisturizing? I have combination skin & have yet to find a product (that is not too expensive) that works for me.

Quoting ColieO: I haven't tried the argan, but I had some major dry skin issues a few months back. Never dealt with it before and nothing was working. Tried olive oil one night, perfection. It worked like a charm.
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:44 AM
It's a super new palette. Like within the last week, I think. The vice 2 is absolutely amazing! But I think it was limited edition. After missing out on the first, I vowed to never not buy one lol. I only got the small size of the oil, and I got it around Christmas. I use two drops, and pat it into my skin. My small bottle isn't even half gone yet. You really don't wanna use much. Just enough to pat in.

Quoting XnikoX:

I'm vey glad I did too. I've always been afraid to try it because I guess I just associate oil with and oily broken out face. But so many people (on here and on youtube) rave about it. And I've been having horribly dry "winter skin" lately. I will admitt I got the "light" oil. 

And yes, Im loving the glosses. Not a lipstick person for some reason. But stains, balms, glosses.. I'm all over. lol.. 

Dont think Ive seen that palette. I have 2 other palettes on my wishlist.. the Urban Decay Vice 2 (which is no longer sold at ulta and sephora, online anyway. Didnt check in store) and the Lorac Pro Palette. 

P.S. pregnancy skin SUCKS! Never had many issues with my face but my chest area would ALWAYS break out. 

Quoting ae86mommy: Mm yes. I've been laying off mine lately because my skin is having a little freak out with this pregnancy. But today it's dry. I'll put some on before bed :) I'm glad you tried it! I loooove the NYX butter glosses. I'm dying to try some butter lipsticks. And the Nars narsissist? Eyeshadow palette. I asked for that for valentines day :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XnikoX
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:49 AM

Well that's good to know about the argan oil. I like to try and make things last as long as they can. =)

And the vice 2 palette, last time I checked, was still being sold on Urban Decay's website. But I've been drooling over the Naked 3 palette since before it released. So that was at the top of my list. LOL

Quoting ae86mommy: It's a super new palette. Like within the last week, I think. The vice 2 is absolutely amazing! But I think it was limited edition. After missing out on the first, I vowed to never not buy one lol. I only got the small size of the oil, and I got it around Christmas. I use two drops, and pat it into my skin. My small bottle isn't even half gone yet. You really don't wanna use much. Just enough to pat in.

Quoting XnikoX:

kay283
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Really? The same stuff you cook with or a different olive oil? I have dry skin.

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Yup. Just a little bit. It works great. My daughter has eczema on her cheeks and I use it on her too. It helps so much.

Quoting funmommy123: Did you just rub olive oil all over your face? Is it for moisturizing? I have combination skin & have yet to find a product (that is not too expensive) that works for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
The same stuff I cook with.

Quoting kay283: Really? The same stuff you cook with or a different olive oil? I have dry skin.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)