Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you make yourself look good when...

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Amy
  • 23 Replies

You don't feel very good?

I am feeling pretty crummy today and have jury duty tomorrow so I have to leave the house.  I don't want to look as bad as I'm feeling.  

What do you suggest?

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:04 PM
I wear a full face of makeup. A nice primer, foundation, contour highlight, lashes. I like to use all high end stuff when I'm having a bad day. It makes me feel better every time :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinners.mama
by Kayla on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:26 PM
I do moderate makeup. Hair in a high loose bun. Then I wear an over sized t shirt with leggings and oversized sweater. Then cute shoes. I go with the undercover comfy look :)
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Concealer! And loads of mascara!! 

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Oh wait..... Do you mean crummy, emotionally...?

If that's the case definitely do a full face, and your hair too! Also a great perfume can really lift your spirits!

jlg12678
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I either get a mani/pedi or I do it myself...usually the latter. :)

I do medium makeup and curl my hair and put on a pair of heels...that always helps.

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM

OK, perhaps a dumb question, but why would you want to look good for jury duty?

jfd397
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 2:03 PM
I go all out on makeup and lashes. :)
Alyson121
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I take a long, hot, luxury bath.  Get my bath salts in there, essential oils, light the candles around the tub, close my door and just soak. 

lady-t3984
by Tina on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Because,I am disabled,and sickly I live by 2 sayings,I can do All things through Christ,who strenghten me. And, just because I'm sick I don't have to look sick. It's my duty to myself to make myself look good,I put on my red lipstick, I get my nails done,and I love getting dressed up. Like now,I'm still in the hospital,I wear my lipstick,pull my hair back. It make me feel better.
Apr1l
by Katie on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I know what you mean. 

Op, Play some music that makes your foot tap, and get a blush on with your fav lipstick, warm up your complexion witht the blusher.  Curl your lashes so you're wide eyed. 

Lady, God bless mama keep praying!

Quoting lady-t3984: Because,I am disabled,and sickly I live by 2 sayings,I can do All things through Christ,who strenghten me. And, just because I'm sick I don't have to look sick. It's my duty to myself to make myself look good,I put on my red lipstick, I get my nails done,and I love getting dressed up. Like now,I'm still in the hospital,I wear my lipstick,pull my hair back. It make me feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)