Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Wedding day look help!?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM
  • 6 Replies

Do you agree with going 'full glitz' on your wedding day? I have naturally pale skin, thin hair and light lashes. Do you agree with the whole shaaBANG some brides do to look their best? 

I've read things about women getting:

Hair extenstions, teeth whitening, spray tanning, false lashes, false nails, spray on make up, training sessions (body workouts), spanx, AND of course professional hair and make up. 

Is this what's expected? I'm sure I'd look good with a bunch of glitzy crap but shouldn't we be recognizable?

Main things I'm considering are the hair extensions, teeth whitening, small lash addons (from a package), false nails, and professionally done hair. A spray tan would help me look better in a dress but isn't this all a bit much?

by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:47 AM
So I don't think you should do anything that makes you feel weird. You should feel comfortable and beautiful :) I do recommend teeth whitening for pictures. Hair extensions stents really a necessity but they do add ALOT. Eyelashes are awesome. I loooove red cherry #43 lashes from loveyelashes.com. They are glamorous and pretty but not over the top. And they are super easy to apply. Nails are great, or just a shellac or gel manicure if you don't want acrylics. Spray tans are good because a spray tan hides little imperfections like dark veins or whatever. But nothing is absolutely OMG you have to do it. It's what you feel pretty with :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I did it all, well except the spray tan cause I'm naturally tan....oh and I did not work out cause I was 4 months pregnant at the time. I think it's fun! It's only one time really you get to go all out like that, so why not! And I wasn't unrecognizable lol....It was all me...just glammed up!

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Definitely do the hait extensions and lashes. They make most of the glam difference IMO. You can hold off on the fake nails and just get a nice mani if that is more your style.

twinners.mama
by Kayla on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM
You need to feel comfortable and that is what's most important!

I got a spray tan :) but it was a light one, I refused to look like snooki!! Haha I did my own makeup, but I did go to a MAC counter and buy the exact colors I wanted for my eyes. I also had the lady helping me do my eye makeup with those colors so I could watch her do it. Then I went home and practiced so I felt comfortable the day of the wedding!! I did false lashes, but I'm a freak about eyelashes haha.

You need to not worry about what is expected and worry about what makes you feel comfortable! And what will make you feel your most beautiful that day. It is your wedding day after all!!
lady-t3984
by Tina on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:50 PM
When,my oldest dd got married I remembered her kepted saying the hair people,and the make-up lady would come to see us. I didn't want it,but I will tell any bride to be,if you can offord it,you owe it to yourself. I never looked so good!
nada2000
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:17 PM
No, it's all fun and it's all vAnity. This is your one day to have your wedding so do whatever you want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)