Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beauty & Style Lounge The Beauty & Style Lounge

Can someone tell me what to look for?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

I want to color my hair and I plan on talking to my stylist about it but I hate making in the moment decisions so I want to go in there with a good idea of what color I want. The problem is, Idk if I'm a warm or cool toned person and what would make me less washed out looking. I think I'm a cool, but Idk what that means as far as what colors I should choose. I can't wear make up so it has to compliment and bring out my features without me having to use make up. Moi, sans makeup:

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wintermoon111
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:07 PM
I think dark brown with blonde higlights might look good
jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM

You are cool toned for sure.

ash or sandy blondes would look nice...or burgandy or mahogany tones...

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I think a deeper tone would really liven up your complexion and eyes! Maybe some lowlights if you don't want a solid tone.....

mich2.0
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I was thinking mahogany but I'm so pale I didn't know if I could pull it off without wearing makeup.

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM

oh i think it would look really nice! you have lovely skin and eyes....would probably just need a light lip colour or even a clear gloss!

Quoting mich2.0:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I was thinking mahogany but I'm so pale I didn't know if I could pull it off without wearing makeup.

mich2.0
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Quoting jellybeanjean:

oh i think it would look really nice! you have lovely skin and eyes....would probably just need a light lip colour or even a clear gloss!

Quoting mich2.0:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I think part of my hesitation is that my eyelashes are so light. I actually have a tiny bit of eyeliner on in the pic so it's not a good idea of just how light my lashes are. lol They look pretty much non existant without liner and/or mascara on. Let me see if I can find a pic...

jellybeanjean
by JeanJeanie on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Oooh I see. The first pic doesn't even look like u have makeup on! I don't think having darker  hair would make your lashes look smaller though! If anything it would bring out your eye colour....but if you are hesitant maybe highlights will give you a less dramatic change ....

Quoting mich2.0:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting mich2.0:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I think part of my hesitation is that my eyelashes are so light. I actually have a tiny bit of eyeliner on in the pic so it's not a good idea of just how light my lashes are. lol They look pretty much non existant without liner and/or mascara on. Let me see if I can find a pic...

purplepink1992
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:56 AM

You could also go more of a red route if you're nervous of darks washing you out! Like stated in the comments about a deep red even 

Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I think a lighter vibrant red would look beautiful. :)

redheadedharlot
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:59 PM

I'm agreeing with the red.  It looks like you have green eyes, and with your fair skin and haircolor, we have the basic same coloring.  I've done my hair red for years, and most think it's natural, and I always get compliments on it.  Might want to start with a reddish tone instead of all-out red, and work up to it.  Going straight to full red can be a bit of an adjustment.  That is, unless you are looking for a real change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)